Agents Fees.

Agents are leeches, but they rely on players ignorance. They tell them, correctly, that if they pay the agent they will be paying out of taxed income, whereas if the club pay, there is no tax implication for the player. What they never tell them, is the impact on that arrangement on their wages or even at which club they end up at.. A smart player pays his agent himself.
agents do take a lot out of the game, but the game it’s self is to blame for that, agents are the ones with the contacts at clubs from top to bottom, they will have a vast array of contact info for clubs, who’s in charge of recruitment etc this allows them to open doors for players that would basically be shut otherwise, and put clubs in touch with players also, it’s all about information and Agents have it

Agents are leeches, but they rely on players ignorance. They tell them, correctly, that if they pay the agent they will be paying out of taxed income, whereas if the club pay, there is no tax implication for the player. What they never tell them, is the impact on that arrangement on their wages or even at which club they end up at.. A smart player pays his agent himself.
This is why i dont get why playets use agents. The PFA will act on their behalf for peanuts.
If i was an agent i would arrange three good transfers ans see out the 5 years and retire!

agents do take a lot out of the game, but the game it’s self is to blame for that, agents are the ones with the contacts at clubs from top to bottom, they will have a vast array of contact info for clubs, who’s in charge of recruitment etc this allows them to open doors for players that would basically be shut otherwise, and put clubs in touch with players also, it’s all about information and Agents have it
I agree, but shouldn't the PFA do all that? They are spposed to be a trade union, with, I might add, the highest paid union chief in the world..
Edit PS. The clubs would rapidly co-operate if they thought it would save them money.

Heard on TS tonight that the deal that took Erling Haaland to Dortmund means that whenever he leaves them, they will only get £20m of the fee with the rest going to Haalands agent no matter how much that is. What a disgrace, and what a waste of football money going out of the game!

Of course, it could all be a load of TS bollocks

Heard on TS tonight that the deal that took Erling Haaland to Dortmund means that whenever he leaves them, they will only get £20m of the fee with the rest going to Haalands agent no matter how much that is. What a disgrace, and what a waste of football money going out of the game!

Well the player excepted him as his agent so who knows the game! Keep up those scoring stats he will be going for 160m

If that's true then Dortmund are the disgrace for allowing such a clause

I wonder if that £44m on agents fees from Liverpool FC was factored into the 'Net Spend' calculations?

This is why i dont get why playets use agents. The PFA will act on their behalf for peanuts.
If i was an agent i would arrange three good transfers ans see out the 5 years and retire!

I'm not sure that would help. It would just add another layer of obfuscation into the process. The PFA hardly have the reputation to handle this kind of thing. They would be letting agents in through the back door before the ink was dry on the paper.
What is needed is a transparent (preferably decentralised) system controlled by an independent but accountable body. Banning all agents would be a good start and accelerate the process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.