Aguero and Jesus

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Mancini Manus Domini, 14 Jul 2019.

1. Mancini Manus Domini

Mancini Manus Domini

I thought Jesus was outstanding in the FA Cup final and from what I have read it sounds like he had a fantastic Copa America.

Aguero on the other hand has had a fantastic season, and has got better and better under Pep.

So my questions are can we play both? Would we want to play both? How would the rest of the team have to be set up to accommodate them both? If we stick to one can they both get enough games to be happy next season?

r.soleofsalford likes this.
  2. manlikepep

manlikepep

Before Mendy got injured we did. I imagine with Angelino coming we will see more of it!

ctid1894 and r.soleofsalford like this.
  3. They can both play together, Jesus can go into the wing and cause problems. He came on against Burnley in the run in and took the game up a notch. I think the whole thing of having Mendy fit was to have them two in the Middle getting on to his cut backs.

What ever happens we have two front men in good form fighting for the shirt. When Jesus arrived it looked like the end for Sergio, instead he’s taken it up a notch with last season probably being his best since he arrived.

4. NZBlue

NZBlue

Jesus started off trying to be Kun2. He isn't a target man in the same way as Sergio.

Recently though he's turned into more of a runner and dribbler. This is where he excels so yes we can play them together

5. Truesilverblue

Truesilverblue

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Jesus rises again then

6. balotellishaircut

balotellishaircut

Can you remember the 5-0 win over the dippers, both Jesus & Aguero started that game, yeah they had a man sent off, but they most certainly can play together, with Jesus sometimes dropping deep , our movement as a team is fantastic so any player at any given time can play.

Mcfchamps likes this.
  7. jayfx

jayfx

They played together before and think we'll see it again. But I believe it depends on whether or not Jesus can kick on from a good Copa America performance.
    The talent is obviously there and he has potential to be an outstanding player but he seems to lack confidence and looks a little below par at times.

8. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Jesus didn’t play as a #9 (despite wearing it) in the Copa.

He was mainly a right forward and a few times during games was the left forward.

So there are options although I think he wants to play as a striker.

ChicagoBlue likes this.
  9. TonyM

TonyM

I’d love to see if ...
    Sterling (left) Sané (center) Jesus (right)
    would work.

So we’d have 3 options for the central striker of Aguero, Jesus and Sané.

10. Mancini Manus Domini

Mancini Manus Domini

I think Sane has the pace and composure to play effectively as a striker.

Hamann Pineapple likes this.