Aguero (and others) considering international futures

Messi should play another Worldcup and so should Aguero. But I feel there is a power struggle here with their FA considering what Messi was on about a few days back. Messi shouldn't beat himself up on that penalty miss, but it must be insanely tough for him to take 3 finals in 3 years. I must say that Argentina do need to have better coaches, Maradona in 2010 was a disaster and everyone knew it was going to be that. Martino was massively found out at Barcelona as well. You see the bigger teams (Germany, Spain, Italy) and they have some world class coaches.

On a side note Aguero has a chance to lead this team into the worldcup if Messi doesn't reverse his decision, but considering Martino preferred Higuain to him and Dybala also knocking who knows.

I have an opposite view. I think international football is good for the players. Change of scenery, chance to get home or see the world and catch up with friends and family is good for the soul. There's a chance he could get injured of course but we risk that chance every time he trains or plays.

I agree.

I can also see Messi coming out of retirement before the next World Cup. This could well be a knee-jerk/PR stunt to provoke the Argentinian FA to up their game...

I'm not quite Sure why Aguero would want to quit international football.

As great as it would be for us for him to retire, I hope him and Messi and Mascherano stick it out for one more world cup.

Messi will still be great at 31, Mascherano will still be able to do a job and Aguero will probably be a better player under Pep. They'll still have a really good chance of winning the next world cup.

I think they're just hurting from 3 straight final defeats.

Purely selfish but I was chuffed Sergio spent most of the Copa on the bench as it gives the lad a good rest.

Go and put your feet up for a few weeks kid, come back to work and rip the Prem a new arsehole next season, we'll figure out all this international bollocks down the line.

Messi will still be great at 31, Mascherano will still be able to do a job and Aguero will probably be a better player under Pep. They'll still have a really good chance of winning the next world cup.

On paper, yes. In reality, well only with a couple of IFs.

Just imagine how incredibly strong Argentine could be with all those brilliant players.
Just imagine they had a professionally working FA.
Just imagine they had a manager who is able to build a team where the stars overcome individual pride and do everything, everything for team success.
Just imagine fat idiots like Maradona would state full support for the national team instead of putting even more pressure to a team that is afraid to lose.

Every Argentine football fan should go done on the knees every day for having a Messi. They just don't understand what they have.
And yes I can understand he has got enough. Even if 29 is too young to retire. But well, Lahm was at the same age then - with a WC in his hands.

It's a tradegy. But maybe the Argentine soul is longing for tradegy. What do I know.

There's no way in a million years his sponsors addidas will let him retire from internationals at 29. I'm afraid it's not Mr messi's decision if he wants to keep his dollars. And I imagine it would be the same for Sergio to a lesser extent

Pussyish from Messi. If I'd be Argentina's coach I'd just call him for each game. He can't play for club if he doesn't respond and at 29 it's cuntish to retire.

Don't the players dislike the set up and the way the team is run? Not to mention some of those Argentines aren't the friendliest bunch with each other barring a few cliques.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.