Aguero contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things could change in a month. Pep said kun would be starting in weekend. And considering our next fixtures in the league, he could get a run of games

Things could change in a month. Pep said kun would be starting in weekend. And considering our next fixtures in the league, he could get a run of games

And hopefully a bit of a contract extension as well,these who are saying he’s done will regret talking like that as he will prove (not that he has anything or anyone to prove to)

The main concern from city is probably fitness, and in his final year that he's spent most of it out injured has given the bean counters some pause. Would like to see a renewal but understand the logic for not doing so, particularly if the plan is Messi + Haaland in the summer.

If aguero stays fit for the rest of the season and starts firing, it might change some minds.

He hasn't scored in league since last January, 0 in his last 11 games plus the obvious injury issues.

If you take the emotion out of it, why would you extend his contract, he may as well not have been at the club the last 12 months for all he has contributed.

The chances he plays even 10 games at his best next season are very slim.

It is odd that he is in the last 5 months of his contract after a decade and being club's all time leading goalscorer and apparently no renewal offer as of yet. But when you factor what Guardiola has said recently on the matter, I don't get the impression City is counting on him beyond 2021

Just my hunch but might be smart in the end with many question marks lingering. Plus, he is more likely to get a wage increase should he go to Italy or PSG

It is bollocks , khaldoon says he can choose when he goes ,if he wants to stay he will stay

We're not going to pay Aguero £300k p/w and hold down a key striker spot in our squad (arguably the position we've struggled most with this season) if he's not fit enough to play anymore, regardless of what Khaldoon says in a PR exercise.

I imagine the next few months are going to be crucial in our decision making. If he makes an impact and shows glimpses of the old Aguero, we'll probably extend, but if it's a continuation of the current situation I think we'll cut ties and, sentiment aside, I agree that it's the right thing to do because we need to go all out for a new, world class, striker and we can't have Aguero, Jesus and someone like Haaland vying for 1 spot.

Such a shame we’re seeing the last of Kun now. I really hope he can get back fit and firing but I have my doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.