Aguero contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club is doing the right thing. It's time to bring in the future now and let Aguero finish out his contract.

Even if he gets back healthy and finished the season on a high. Which I hope he does, the decision to not re-up would still be right so long as they are targeting the future replacement.

Kun struggles with weight and fitness when not playing, especially when it comes to pressing from the front.

To salvage this season, he needs a run of games to get him to match fitness PLUS being able to train every day. That can be hard with a knee that likes to swell up. Sure, players got fluid drawn off their knees and shunted back out back in the day, but Sports Science is far more complex and sophisticated today and inflammation us a sign of an underlying issue that needs resolving.

IF he can play, train, play for the rest of the season, then he has a chance of another year. Otherwise, a mutual decision to let him go home and finish his career (1 or 2 yrs max) with his childhood club would be a more fitting end.

He is the greatest centre forward the club has ever seen...until the next greatest centre forward shows up. Such is football.

He is, and shall remain, a REAL LEGEND for what he has done here, and I hope it can continue, but there is little room for sentimentality in the multi-billion dollar game today. Thankfully, the players understand and acknowledge this, as do the clubs who pay them extraordinarily well.

I hope we see Sergio back at his best this season, and perhaps even longer, but I fear those days are in the past and Sergio’s sun, which was dazzlingly warm and bright at times, is setting in Manchester.

Is this the guy who always leaks Aguero is not to play, prior to the teams being announced?
Yeah.

Aguero is no stranger to pushing the media so this is likely true, be a shame to see him go but it happens.

As has been said, Pep hasn't been able to rely upon him for nearly 12mths. It makes no sense to keep him unless he accepts a pay as you play and he won't do that when PSG will throw money at him. I don't think he will sign any sort of pre contract now, he will just wait till the season is finished as he could yet play 20+ and look better than ever but that is very unlikely. I think he goes in all honesty.

Yeah.

Aguero is no stranger to pushing the media so this is likely true, be a shame to see him go but it happens.

As has been said, Pep hasn't been able to rely upon him for nearly 12mths. It makes no sense to keep him unless he accepts a pay as you play and he won't do that when PSG will throw money at him. I don't think he will sign any sort of pre contract now, he will just wait till the season is finished as he could yet play 20+ and look better than ever but that is very unlikely. I think he goes in all honesty.

Yes just seems a sad ending really if he does leave like this. If its true, he has not been contacted, that suggests he has not even been offered a pay as you play deal.

Considering Fernandiniho got an extension, even though its clear he is playing back up (rightly or wrongly) to Rodri its surprising an offer is not on the table, unless a new player had been lined up.

After careful consideration, this was the post of 2020:
I'd pay him in solid gold bars every day until the day he dies. Then, on that day, melt the gold and build a statue out of it, bigger than the Colossus of Rhodes. Have it craned into the entrance of Salford Docks, have Sergio's coffin sent down the canal, all ablaze until it nestles between the legs of the statue. And watch the coffin open and see Sergio rise like a phoenix into heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.