Aguero contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
One simple look a Aguero's physique now compared to 10 years since and you will see his problem. He is a least 20lbs heavier and therefore is slower and his joints are under more stress. Anyone who believes he can get anywhere near the player he was 5 years since is deluded. Time and tide waits for nobody but our club's problem is they've been ridiculously slow in foreseeing his decline when almost any independent football watcher could see the problem coming. In short, we've been very slow to react to most squad upgrades of late and subsequently we've panicked into buying players who are just not good enough.

Aguero had a very good record last season and was actually one of our better players.

Why are people saying he's in decline, give the lad a break he's been out injured for a while, let's see what he's like when he's had a good few games under his belt

Why are people saying he's in decline, give the lad a break he's been out injured for a while, let's see what he's like when he's had a good few games under his belt
His decline is nothing to do with his ability to put the ball in the back of the net.

His decline is he is injured more than ever before and takes longer to come back from each injury. He's getting older and therefore takes longer to heal.

Even if he were in decline last season he still had this habit of scoring as often as he tended to. I think some of our issues elsewhere on the pitch exacerbated his lack of mobility but his technique is still there and you can argue that with age he's smarter than ever. Hopefully this season with a better defence we can provide a platform for him not to worry about any age related issues.

And hypothetically, if he IS past it, then let's at least give him the opportunity to get fit first and show it so we'd know for sure. Writing him off beforehand is unfair. And if there's one player in the past decade that maybe deserves a bit more respect than that it's probably him. We've made this mistake with Kompany we shouldn't do it again with Aguero.

Last edited:
He’s still the best one v one finisher and big game player of anyone in the squad apart from Kdb, knackered injured or 30 something. Until we’ve someone that reliable in crucial situations then get him signed on.

I think the main problem is the number of games he misses throughout the season, even though I'm a big fan of Jesus, I'm beginning to think we can't rely on Jesus to score enough goals.

Completely relaxed about Aguero’s contract situation. As with Kompany and Silva, it will be done amicably and respectfully. There is no rush for any announcement. Both sides probably know already what will happen.
Fully agree, and I’m sure both parties will be happy whatever happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.