Aguero contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
But would Aguero signing a new contract scupper any plans of a new striker coming in?. Risky strategy if the answer to that is yes.

But would Aguero signing a new contract scupper any plans of a new striker coming in?. Risky strategy if the answer to that is yes.
Since we apparently haven't got plans to sign a new striker for the next two seasons you can stop worrying now.

We should NOT sign Aguero to a new deal. This is how great teams die. You have to know when to let the greats go.

On great after great we have failed on that count. The only great that left at the right time was Joe Hart... And that was more happenstance than good decision making.

Silva, a year too late
Yaya, 2 years to late
Dihno, 1 years too late already
Aguero, he is 1 year too late already

And on and on... This needs to stop or are slow decline would be painful.

And while we are on the topic of aging players, time to dead all the Messi talk too. We need youth, vigor and energy. Not fading greatness.

RankPlayerClubGoals[19]
Liverpool​
Liverpool​
One simple look a Aguero's physique now compared to 10 years since and you will see his problem. He is a least 20lbs heavier and therefore is slower and his joints are under more stress. Anyone who believes he can get anywhere near the player he was 5 years since is deluded. Time and tide waits for nobody but our club's problem is they've been ridiculously slow in foreseeing his decline when almost any independent football watcher could see the problem coming. In short, we've been very slow to react to most squad upgrades of late and subsequently we've panicked into buying players who are just not good enough.
One of the most deluded post I've ever seen,
10yrs ago..ffs,check anyone out from 10yrs ago,oh hang on a minute..
kompany.jpgimages (11).jpeg
People's body changes that life,athletes are different,just like some on here said foden needs to bulk up..
If you looked up,before posting shit,you find out aguero has loss weight with a diet change,
And I doubt anyone(not just on here will think you can still do what you did 10/5yrs ago)so I doubt most are delusional,
But he might loose some pace,but like world class players you dont loose instinct and you dont loose your eye for goal,
Any team in the world would have him now if he came available.
Plus injuries from shocking tackles that go unpunished on knees/ankles add the injections dosent do any good in the longterm,
If aguero thinks he cant keep his high standards up he will call it a day,it wont need Bluemooner to tell him he's past it,
Hart..was pushed out.
Yaya..should off gone earlier lazy fker overweight.
Zabba,David,Vinny, knew it was time to go..
Dinho..doesn't need speed when you can read the game,up to him & the club what happens..

You're not worrying? Good.

If you mean we're not signing a striker, then no, not according to TH.
No chance, the start to this season should be a wake up call to the board to recognise a new striker should be a priority. Not a cat in hells chance we wait another couple of seasons to sign a striker.

We , as fans do not have any real information about the physical condition of Kun.
I have watched him carefully and have yet to see much evidence of him able to sprint. This stretches back to his comeback from knee injury . This is the decisive question , "can he get to a condition where he has a change of pace". He either does not trust his body, so the issue has an element of the psychological, or it is just not there.
The club cannot offer a contract if he is not going to recover significantly.
Fans playing the "legend" card, would soon change camps if he went 15 games without a goal.
I just hope he can get back to 80% of his best.

You're not worrying? Good.

If you mean we're not signing a striker, then no, not according to TH.
If messi signs and Aguero extends I understand not signing a striker. If that doesn't happen we are absolutely going for a new striker next summer. We will be f*cked otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.