Aguero injury - Silver lining for Jesus ?

with your best options you have the best chances of wining. its simple aguero is the best pound for pound striker is the world and will be missed if out

Opportunity knocks for Jesus.

By the by, of the last 13 goals we've scored in the league (since the Watford rout) Aguero has scored just one of them.

The jury is still out on Jesus for me. He has his chance now so let’s see what he can do. Hopefully you are right!

Have to agree, there was period last season when Sane, Jesus, Sterling combo looked lethal, but without Sane the set up doesn't suit Jesus as well. He does deserve a chance, and a longer run may help him, same has to be said for Foden as well, needs more games.

But if Sergio is fit, he starts every time for me.

Hope Aguero is not injured (badly), we need him.

It's a difficult period for the team and Pep transition wise, because Kun and Dave are still top players, especially Kun, but Foden and Gabby offer much more energy and in this era of PL football you are fucked as a team if you can't offer energy.

The transion won't be easy at all. Gabby knows what he is up to and is understandably nervous. He knows that if he plays and fails to score, chances are he is on the bench next game.

We have won all PL games in which Gabby started. But he failed to score against Villa and found himself on the bench next PL game. This start-stop thing with him is fucking his form up. He came back from Brazil this summer full with confidence, now he isn't quite there confidence wise. He might need 2-3 games to hit form again.

Foden is ready.

Huge opportunity for Jesus now to impress with an uninterrupted run in the team. Like all strikers, they need game time to get into rhythm.

Fingers crossed he steps up to the plate.

Reactions: mat
But do you judge him on the past month or what he's done the past decade?

Every time Sergio has had a bad patch (and I wouldn't even call it that bar his usual poor game at Anfield - for me, he's had a couple of really good games in that time), he comes back and proves that his goalscoring ability is one of the best there's ever been in this country.
No his record speaks for itself, the guy is an utter legend but he has been a bit sloppy recently and against Liverpool he could have really got us back into that game.

But do you judge him on the past month or what he's done the past decade?

Every time Sergio has had a bad patch (and I wouldn't even call it that bar his usual poor game at Anfield - for me, he's had a couple of really good games in that time), he comes back and proves that his goalscoring ability is one of the best there's ever been in this country.

You can't be part of a top top team only because of your goalscoring ability though. A striker has many functions, not just to sit in the box and finish chances. A striker defends from the front, his movement opens up spaces for his team-mates, he has to hold on the ball when found outside the box and not just pass it back, etc. Sergio can do these things but with diminishing returns. Physically wise he looks 5 years older than Vardy. Pace, stamina, energy, etc. matter in football. Sergio isn't getting younger and the goalscoring ability wasn't there either for any of the losses this season and also the draw with Spurs.

Problem is that right now Gabby isn't on song either and his confidence has taken a hit recently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.