Aguero injury - Silver lining for Jesus ?

On suggestion, I changed it to ‘Is there a silver lining to this really grey cloud?’

Subsequent change has nothing to do with me. I assume it's been moderated but don't know why.
Probably worried that they would run out of bandwidth.

Neither club will sell, Levy is the most difficult person to deal with, Mbappe probably has no interest in us, Kane may well not, we probably don’t have enough FFP money, clubs don’t sell top players in the January window, Sergio is out for a few weeks not months, Jesus can cover. Shiny new toys eh?
Anyone even Levy will sell if the price is right. I would’ve thought any non Latin player would see City as the best club to join. FFP’s a busted flush, we don’t need to pretend to abide by it anymore. Fair comment about the January window and Sergio returning soon enough but this summer we need to replace him with somebody world class

No injury is remotely good. Not even Angelino or player of similar status as it still reduces the depth in the squad. Injury to Aguero is certainly not good. I don't see OP saying it either, thread title clearly says it might be silver lining for Jesus. It might, definitely.

Thing is the time when Aguero fades will come and we'll need to be ready. Another thing is that when it comes there will still be lot of City fans who'd think him scoring many more is just behind the corner. And it won't be.Hopefully, the club and whoever will be the manager will recognize it sooner that people here. Just as predicting if Jesus is one who will be able to replace him fully. This period in next few weeks might help in that prediction. If he does it again like he was doing it when he jut signed, than we'll probably be fine and his mixed performances might be to not playing regularly. If not, than we might have to look to the market for some other young striker. It's a big time for Jesus and might be his silver lining or hiss failing.

put Mendy up front, maybe one of his errant passes will find the back of the net.
If I was bringing a team up in promotion to the PL and i could take any Premier League striker as this time, I would build my team around Jesus.

Just not convinced by Jesus as a striker tbqh, never looks the sort who can be prolific in front of goal. He might get one every four matches which sadly isn't enough. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.
When Gabby Jesus gets his run in the cup games so far this year and last season he has scored,
League Cup, 6 goals in 7 games
FA Cup, 5 goals in 5 games
CL, 5 goals in 9 games
total, 16 in 20 ;)

I think jesus is similar to players like dzeko in that hes better with a run of games and struggles with one in one out.i do think hes very underated on here though hopefully this will be the making of him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.