Aguero injury - Silver lining for Jesus ?

Huge couple of weeks now for Jesus. I have always believed that we will not see his true potential until he gets a decent run of games in the team.

He is a confidence player and seeing as he is still relatively young then it is no surprise that is the case.

However, this stop,start..,stop,start way of utilising him is not doing him any good and it is making him look like (when he does play) that at times he looks out of sorts.

He has an abundance of talent, we have unfortunately only witnessed it on a few occasions - the tricks and skill to beat the opposition - all this is in his locker

The biggest obstacle he faces is being judged immediately when starting his first game - because filling the void of an injured sergio is very hard.

I hope he hits the back of the net in his 1st game and we witness him starting to become of age and the self-confidence build in him to start seeing his talent and skill shine through

Huge couple of weeks now for Jesus. I have always believed that we will not see his true potential until he gets a decent run of games in the team.

He is a confidence player and seeing as he is still relatively young then it is no surprise that is the case.

However, this stop,start..,stop,start way of utilising him is not doing him any good and it is making him look like (when he does play) that at times he looks out of sorts.

He has an abundance of talent, we have unfortunately only witnessed it on a few occasions - the tricks and skill to beat the opposition - all this is in his locker

The biggest obstacle he faces is being judged immediately when starting his first game - because filling the void of an injured sergio is very hard.

I hope he hits the back of the net in his 1st game and we witness him starting to become of age and the self-confidence build in him to start seeing his talent and skill shine through
Muck or bust time for his City career, Sergio is coming to the end , and the club must be thinking if we have to invest in the striker department.

I think jesus is similar to players like dzeko in that hes better with a run of games and struggles with one in one out.i do think hes very underated on here though hopefully this will be the making of him

What makes you think he's underrated on here? They have him just above Lee Badbuy in best ever City strikers! I like Jesus, he scores goals Aguero cannot (the kind that ping off Aguero in tight spaces) and involves more players as his passing isn't as poor so we'll see more midfield goals due to this. He's a different kind of striker to Aguero, that is all.

Sergio, Tevez, Edin and Mad Mario.

Now there’s a strike force! Will never see 4 strikers of that calibre in a squad again.

Hope Gabriel takes his chance, let’s all get behind him. Going to need both of them in a long old season
That was a frightening front four.

When Gabby Jesus gets his run in the cup games so far this year and last season he has scored,
League Cup, 6 goals in 7 games
FA Cup, 5 goals in 5 games
CL, 5 goals in 9 games
total, 16 in 20 ;)
Yeah mostly against lower league opposition, as I say hope he proves me wrong.

So what happens if those big Burnley/Newcastle defenders target Jesus and he gets injured again? Our squad is too thin in so many areas.

Sterling plays up front. Squad is not thin, we can barely keep Jesus sharp with enough game time, we couldn't accommodate a third striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.