Aguero injury - Silver lining for Jesus ?

Bring in Foden and Jesus.

Are you being fair with Jesus? I don't know how many games he's started in the league over the last 2 years but it can't have been that many.

when Jesus gets his time in games does he really make an impact ? I’d say no.

when foden gets his time I believe he instantly makes an impact

I really like Jesus but for some reason it doesn’t seem to be working at city for him.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see Jesus delivering for us. I also don’t think it’s about game time.

he’s a very skilful player but he’s not a striker. He plays too deep which is why he will not replace Agueros goal threat who likes to split the central defenders.

I find him a very frustrating player, always off side & tries too many flicks in the wrong areas just like against Chelsea.

He works his heart out which usually keeps him out of the box. He seems a good guy but for some reason it just isn’t working at city for him in my opinion. Yes his goal ratio is good but I’d like to see a break down of his goals & the importance of them.

I would rather see foden play up front when Aguero out if we don’t put sterling central.

This position is just as big a problem as our defence which is why we are a bit of a mess this season.

could be a bumpy few weeks
Very much in the style of Peps Barcelona with no out and out striker

I really like Jesus but for some reason it doesn’t seem to be working at city for him.
Jesus is aged 22 and Brazil's first choice number 9. He was just their player of the tournament as they won the Copa America and is much more effective than Neymar. He has 31 from 78 games for City (don't know how many starts) and 18 from 39 for Brazil. He is only going to get better and better. Foden is a playmaker not a striker. We are lucky to have them both.

As posted elsewhere:

We are so lucky to have Jesus at our club. Considering his young age - The more I hear his interview, the more impressed I am. Not only has he worked without complaining- accepting that Kun is no 1, he has worked hard socially to learn our language to fit in.

When he has played, he has done well & scored goals.
He has my upmost respect & I hope he makes it almost impossible for Aguero to get back in the team. (& nobody loves Sergio more than I do!!)
Good luck Gabby.

I really hope he grabs this opportunity with both hands, I'd be made up for him if he starts banging the goals in, starting with a couple tonight.

12 goals and 4 assists in 1000 minutes compared to 16 and 3 for ageuro in 1400 minutes is contrary to what your saying. Add on the fact that Jesus needs a run of games to properly get his eye in - the amount of times he hits the post or is a whisker wide is insane. He should obviously never take a penalty though.
Dont get how you say he has no impact when the reality is we are so much fluid with him in the team. Aguero still gets ahead of him for me but it's a minute gap for me at the moment with agueros form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.