Aguero injury - Silver lining for Jesus ?

Well the things we know about Aguero over the past decade is whenever he has a 'bad month or so/bad game at Anfield' - in which time he's still outscored Jesus by about 5 goals to 1, he normally comes back and scores even more goals when his supposed loss of form comes back. We also know he's really slow at coming back from injury and it takes him about 5 games to get fully sharp again.

I just don't see how losing the Premier League's best goals per minute scorer (over however many goals) is going to be beneficial to us. I don't think it will massively harm us either because I rate Jesus and we will be better off the ball because we were awful on Saturday (although Sterling, Silva, and Mahrez take most of the blame for that) but he's not in Aguero's league when it comes to finishing at the minute, even if Aguero has missed some high-profile chances recently.

We aren't losing the Premier League's best per minute scorer. Aguero's record since September is 1 goal in 366 minutes.

If he was performing at his usual level of a goal every 95 minutes, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Aguero's last good game in the league was Brighton, 9 games ago. He missed a bunch of chances in the Norwich loss, should have had 5 in the Watford game and since then he's huffed and puffed and not been able to score in 5 of his last 6.

Jesus has 21 goals in his last 21 starts by the way. He's scored 45 goals in his 61 starts for the club. It's time he got a run in the side.

Last edited:
We aren't losing the Premier League's best per minute scorer. Aguero's record since September is 1 goal in 366 minutes.

If he was performing at his usual level of a goal every 95 minutes, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Aguero's last good game in the league was Brighton, 9 games ago. He missed a bunch of chances in the Norwich loss, should have had 5 in the Watford game and since then he's huffed and puffed and not been able to score in 5 of his last 6.

Jesus has 21 goals in his last 21 starts by the way.

I never said 'best goals per minute scorer' over the past month, I said 'best goals per minute scorer' meaning of all time.

Also, he's the best goals per minutes played' scorer this season too. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

I've just seen your edit now, Aguero was one of our best players against Southampton along with Kyle Walker. You must have been watching a different game and again, has outscored Jesus over the past month as well as his entire career on a per minute basis (along with every other striker who's played in this country over the past 30 years).

I completely agree with you about Sunday. The level of control we had in the last 20 minutes was down to Gabby and Phil defending from the front. They were both brilliant. I have mixed feelings about the remainder of your post. Gabby is nowhere near Kun as a goal scorer albeit he is technically very clever and his energy is wonderful. I worry about his finishing nb his two recent penalty attempts which were amongst the worst I have seen. I think Raz can play down the middle but he is much more effective wide and making runs into the middle. From one perspective giving Gabby an extended run might prove something but it might not be the outcome that you or any of us would like.
City may score a lot of goals but I feel that with our creative players we should be scoring even more goals.

Aguero retains his place because he is reliable and he's special, a bit like David Silva. These players are legends but there will come a point when the young pretender is better than the incumbent. I think we are at that point. Perhaps now we will find out.

I never said 'best goals per minute scorer' over the past month, I said 'best goals per minute scorer' meaning of all time.

Also, he's the best goals per minutes played' scorer this season too. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

It's amazing how much effort you put into arguing an impossible position.

He's out of form, and that's clear as day. His record over the last 10 years is irrelevant to that, his record based on scoring 8 goals in the first 5 games and then 1 in the last 8 is irrelevant to that as well.

1 goal in his last 6 league games.

I've just seen your edit now, Aguero was one of our best players against Southampton along with Kyle Walker. You must have been watching a different game and again, has outscored Jesus over the past month as well as his entire career on a per minute basis (along with every other striker who's played in this country over the past 30 years).

Imagine actually bragging that the guy with 3 starts in the last month has scored more league goals than the guy who's not started at all.

Really sums up the bad faith in your argument.

It's amazing how much effort you put into arguing an impossible position.

He's out of form, and that's clear as day. His record over the last 10 years is irrelevant to that, his record based on scoring 8 goals in the first 5 games and then 1 in the last 8 is irrelevant to that as well.

1 goal in his last 6 league games.

The impossible position of arguing that Sergio Aguero - our record goalscorer and the Premier League's greatest ever goalscorer on a goals per minute played basis - is going to be a loss to us?

It's the easiest argument I've ever made mate.

I've already agreed that he's not been in the best form the past month with another poster but he's still outscored Jesus by about 5 goals to 1.

His injury helps no-one and Pep's reaction says it all.

The impossible position of arguing that Sergio Aguero - our record goalscorer and the Premier League's greatest ever goalscorer on a goals per minute played basis - is going to be a loss to us?

It's the easiest argument I've ever made mate.

I've already agreed that he's not been in the best form the past month with another poster but he's still outscored Jesus by about 5 goals to 1.

His injury helps no-one and Pep's reaction says it all.

Your argument is that a player who is woefully out of form getting a break from the side is definitely not going to be beneficial in the long run. Meanwhile, Jesus gets the opportunity he wants and needs to step up, potentially meaning we have 2 in from strikers in a months time as opposed to the 0 in form strikers we have now.

Because that's what the people you're arguing against have said.

Also where the fuck is this 5-to-1 bullshit coming from? Why do you need to resort to obvious bullshit to attack Jesus?

Last edited:
We'll be in trouble if Jesus gets injured, but if Jesus takes his opportunity it could work in our favour.

Aguero scoring record is there for all to see but if we had a young Kun Aguero, or an Mbappe they'd be scoring even more.

We're also at the point where Sterling may play down the middle. Jesus can accommodate that as he can play wide, but Aguero can not.

i love aguero to bits but i feel this is going to be his last good season and being the number one choice pep goes turns to. pep and city need to build another team in the summer and 4 to 5 new faces and a striker will be one of them. so we will have Jesus sterling and sane if he stays and aguero is he stays too

pep lacks options up front and for me would like some height and power over speed, now is there anybody in that mode on the market and good enough i don't know. spurs kane is the sort of player i would like. not him but somebody in that style so lets hope city have somebody in mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.