Aguero injury - Silver lining for Jesus ?

Aguero outscores Jesus because he has the shirt. Give Jesus the shirt and an extended run and he might show the same form that he showed when he first came to City. Think back to that time, and many thought Aguero's days were numbered because Jesus was so good.

Jesus is a world class striker. He needs games. Put the two together, and it may just click.

Don't be arguing the obvious point that Aguero's record is better than Jesus's record. That's a flawed argument. See Yaya Toure. Now I'm not saying that Aguero is past it, but I am saying that Jesus is a top player whose ability is not fully recognised in the Premier League
I think your faith is admirable

So like usual, your argument is based on looking backwards at the past, and not what's happening in the present day, citing stats with no relevance to the current situation while ignoring the entire other side of the argument and hoping our problem at striker just resolves itself magically.

No wonder you regret getting into it, you're entire argument boils down to "yeah but look at the past".

Your argument would have Aguero starting for us at 38 with 1 goal in his last 3 seasons.

If a 38 year old Aguero had scored 1 goal in his past 3 seasons compared to Jesus scoring 1 goal in his past 15 seasons (as an extrapolation of the past 40 or so days) then yes, I would make the same argument.

Simple answer to the OP question: No.

Losing your best EVER striker for the meaty part of the season, where we play three top sides in a row, is NEVER something that “works in your favor,” even if it gives another good player a run in the team.

We are two injuries more injuries (KDB & Fernandinho) away from being a mid-table team, at present! Based on the three subs yesterday, if they dint play and KDB & Ferna can’t play, we are well and truly fucked over the Christmas period!

If a 38 year old Aguero had scored 1 goal in his past 3 seasons compared to Jesus scoring 1 goal in his past 15 seasons (as an extrapolation of the past 40 or so days) then yes, I would make the same argument.

I'm not sure I understand, they both have 1 league goal to their name in the past 40 days or so???

In answer to the OP, yes, it can. Most teams know Aguero very well. Jesus less so, we might find midfielders join in with scoring too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.