Aguero - poor season?

bobom

Interested in people's take on this. Obviously, the man is a hero, take that as read. But I feel he has underperformed a bit this season. I love his all-round play, his pace, control, attitude, he just doesn't seem quite as lethal in front of goal as he was. He's scored 13 this season so far (is that right?), which is decent, but with his talent I'd somehow expect a few more.

I'm not having a go at him - he's one of my favourite players, and his is obviously one of the first names on the team-sheet. But I just wonder why people think he's having a bit of a lean season?

Injured after 7 mins and been playing catch up ever since. Pre-season and they first 5 or 6 games are so important to players. Miss them and you might not be right all season.

As a side note I'm so glad there are no summer tournaments this year. We might just see the best of Aguero, Silva, Yaya etc in 2014.

Yeah he hasn't been good enough for his transfer fee and talent this season but he has been disrupted by injuries so next season is a better time to judge.

Still a legend obviously.

Two long spells injured are to blame IMO. He never got into a rythmn from day one unlike last season.

Also possibly down to his boot selection and his neverending slipping in promising positions!

Poor goal-scoring form. Been more impressed with his general play. Convinced me that when he finds that golden touch in front of goal, he'll be considered one of the top 5 or 6 players in the world. As I said, convinced that's a matter of when not if.

I think injuries have interrupted his level of consistency this season. I personally don't think he has been missing more chances than last season (I think he has fed on scraps at times) but that ankle injury against QPR or Soton has plagued him all season. He has shown fleeting signs of being back to his best but I don't think we'll see the real Sergio until next season after a full pre season under his belt.

A real stop/start season, hope for more from him next season.

talXxbO.jpg

as already said been incredibly unlucky with injuries.

every time he'd get back to form and score he'd get injured again.

not poor, just unfortunate.

I'm sure it's true that he's been unlucky with injuries - but strangely enough his general play seems as good as last season. It's really just his finishing. But maybe that's more a question of confidence/momentum...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.