Aguero: "Refs favour English".

Akira

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero believes English players receive favourable treatment from referees compared to foreign players.

City conceded a controversial penalty within ten minutes against Fulham on Saturday, converted by Mladen Petric, when Pablo Zabaleta was judged to have fouled John Arne Riise – a decision which the striker branded as "wrong".

The Premier League champions went on to win 2-1 after Aguero scored just before half-time and Edin Dzeko netted a late winner, but referee Mark Halsey denied penalty appeals from Zabalata and Tevez over the course of the match.

Aguero told reporters: "I try not to get involved with problems involving referees. There is a little bit of privilege with players who come from that country [England] but that is normal.

"We just play our game and the referee's job is to know who is tricking him and who is not.

"Here in England, there are almost as many foreign players as English players and it's not right that some have a privilege that others don't."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/10/01/3415982/manchester-citys-aguero-believes-domestic-players-receive?source=breakingnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... eakingnews</a>

Compare the 'foul' by Zab on Riise and the foul on Carlos by Riise.

Time for Halsey to retire. He is just not up to the job of refereeing competently.

He's very similar to Dowd and, thank God he's buggered off to the USA, HMP Walton. All three referee as though someone has a voodoo doll in the stand and is sticking pins into it for the ninety-odd minutes. It appears to me that they do not enjoy doing the job for one minute. Has Dowd or Halsey ever awarded a free kick without scowling at the 'offender'?

mark halsey made a dubious call, but i think we were compensated just right with zabaleta's handballing in the box.

Halsey should drop down a division, his performance at Anfield (utd), and the pen on sat proved hes getting things badly wrong. At this level its too costly. Hes no bent cheat with an agenda, just nearing the end of his time in the prem. Was our ref v Gillingham 99. We sort of liked him for a while after that. There are some refs out there who are weak and still get bullied by bacon chops. Until these shithouses get a backbone utd will be gifted 12 points min every season. I dont think refs are corrupt, just weak at times.

joezilla said:
mark halsey made a dubious call, but i think we were compensated just right with zabaleta's handballing in the box.
That wasn't a pen for me, Zabba's slid to stop the cross and the guys hit it behind him.
No intent.

I'd like to see Mancini make a few 'off the cuff' comments about the refereeing decisions that seem to be constantly going against us. We beat Fulham so it wouldn't come across as sour grapes, and it might just put a bit of a spotlight on some of the referees that we've got coming up. Lets use some of the shite decisions we've had so far this season to our advantage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.