Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

If ever there was a deserving cause for a statue it's this, Sergio, David and Vinnie, they are the cornerstones of what has been built in East Manchester, they didn't just come for the money, they saw an opportunity to be part of something big and saw it through. They gave us everything, lets give them a statue...
My thinking was that Mural is very us, I mean our home kit is styled as a mural. Statues are pretty dreadful sometimes.

After reading this earlier today I was gutted but having time to think about it before posting, I’m actually relieved the decision has been made public.

it clears the air and leaves us to focus on the business end of the season. As someone else said what a great motivational angle.

Cant really add anything about him as a player or a person that hasn’t been already said. Just respect for having the vision to see what was building and committing himself to that.

As an aside I used to read the old BBC 606 message boards, around 2009/10, there was a guy on there that was a knob who’s screen name was “Aguero will be a Spurs Legend”. Hmmmm... how did that turn out

Whatever your future, as fans we will always be in your debt.

Edit: @prestwichblue was it you got into it with him regularly the football finances?

Last edited:
Yaya, Vinny, David and now Sergio. Sad sad day for us City fans. He is an icon and absolute legend proving loyalty does exist in football. Who would have thought in 2011 that he was going to stick around for so long and become Citys' all time goal-scorer. His absence has been felt at times these past 2 seasons but his departure will leave a gaping hole. Let's hope the club show the respect by bringing in someone of his elk? 'Adios eres una leyenda 93.20'

Who knew a player leaving a football club could bring on such a range of emotions in grown adults?!
I had some rather fond moments in my life when Kun joined, which spread over the few years following. Him leaving, and therefore the end of that group of players, has made me think about those memories. Sadly, people I enjoyed them with are no longer part of my life. It really does feel like the end of an era. I could happily go back to 2012 and re-live those times, all of them.

The here and now though? Without tempting fate, everything is pointing to the stars lining up to give arguably our most iconic player the ultimate send off. May 2021, Turkey. Aguero comes on and is given the captains arm band. It's 1-1 with ten minutes left. Aguero, your time to shine once more.
That last paragraph brought a tear to my eye

I want a proper tribute for this guy – and I want to say goodbye properly to David Silva and Colin Bell. If Ferna goes as well that makes an even stronger case for respect and celebration. I want to see the club put on an EXTRAVANGANZA (when the stadium can be filled). Sergio, David, the rest of the 2011 team, City heroes past and present, music, singing, fireworks, trophies, speeches and famous City moments on the big screens. £10 a head to get in, big screens outside for those that can’t, all proceeds to charity. I want to show what I think – and party!

F#ck me it'll be some party when David and Sergio pop by for us to say goodbye. I sense etihad will be full inside and out

I want a proper tribute for this guy – and I want to say goodbye properly to David Silva and Colin Bell. If Ferna goes as well that makes an even stronger case for respect and celebration. I want to see the club put on an EXTRAVANGANZA (when the stadium can be filled). Sergio, David, the rest of the 2011 team, City heroes past and present, music, singing, fireworks, trophies, speeches and famous City moments on the big screens. £10 a head to get in, big screens outside for those that can’t, all proceeds to charity. I want to show what I think – and party!
Love it

Good luck with your new club but please don't sign for another English club, wouldn't be right. Legend along side the King, Doyle, Summerbee, Lee, kinky, Silva, Vincent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.