Aguero's disallowed goal

You said in an earlier post: Definitely onside. Definitely cheating us.

My View:
Looked offside in real time
Looked offside but closer than I thought when I saw the Sky replay
Definitely offside (but by a fraction) when blowing up the image provide by VAR and using foot position to determine the offside line.

My other reply was to Marvin who is concerned for different reasons about the technology.

If the feet are on the pitch, I think your method works. If they are not then we have doubt.

For example if you take a video at an angle of a ball rolling along the ground into the goal, you know when it crosses the line, but if that shot is mid-air, you will have a problem when the goal comes into view.

This is just my opinion. I could well be wrong. I am concerned that VAR is reliant on having imagery that is in line with play. What are they doing when it is not? Are they guessing like we are in this thread?

It's time the offside law was rewritten to make the whole thing easier for all and hopefully produce more goals. There should need to be clear air between the attacker and the defender. It makes the decision easier for the lino and easier for VAR. Too many times a really good run by the forward is penalised and the benefit is given to the defender. how can a heel 1 cm too far forward be determined as a goal determining factor?

I don't understand how it wasn't given when they used the VAR lines. It looked like he was level with Rudiger.

We had a right shit week from officials.

The problem I had with that VAR image that Sky displayed is there was no sign of the ball in it.

You are assuming those kind of decisions would be correctly given by v.a.r. after us being on the end of a series of dodgy v.a.r. decisions.

I would happily settle for being fucked over occasionally by v.a.r. if we got most v.a.r. decisions awarded fairly.

I think Mo The Dive, will still get most of his penalties, as few have so far been called as dives by ex refs & punters after the games.

V.a.r. last year, gave Mo a penalty for throwing his hands up in the air & diving backwards, when touched on the shoulder by a West Brom defender, in spite of he fact the ball was sailing 10 feet over his head.

It also disallowed a West Brom goal, whilst in the video a Liverpool player was fouling a West Brom player, as the ball came in, but that apparently didn't matter. Utd committed several similar fouls on Liverpool last weekend, which v.a.r. could give, or not give & pundits would argue in its favour either way.

If Ferguson was still around, one of his main aims for next season, would be pressurising v.a.r. to gain an advantage, & he'd succeed.

Safe to assume the majority, if not all, would be. Just because VAR doesn't always give the correct decision doesn't mean it's not better than nothing.

You are assuming those kind of decisions would be correctly given by v.a.r. after us being on the end of a series of dodgy v.a.r. decisions.

I would happily settle for being fucked over occasionally by v.a.r. if we got most v.a.r. decisions awarded fairly.

I think this will happen due to the scrutiny of the system.

Someone, probably several someones, will be compiling a list of VAR incidents that are wrong, who against and why/how important. Any trends will show up.

Safe to assume the majority, if not all, would be. Just because VAR doesn't always give the correct decision doesn't mean it's not better than nothing.

Would it not have been safe to assume that the decisions we have had so far, would be mostly correct & that each game, involving different teams, would be refereed by the same rules ?

I think this will happen due to the scrutiny of the system.

Someone, probably several someones, will be compiling a list of VAR incidents that are wrong, who against and why/how important. Any trends will show up.

But for that to work, they would have to care.

According to UEFA, they were happy with the system, even with no monitor working.

I know full well it isn't a goal and I'm also aware of your comments earlier in the day about the type of camera used/camera positions, 3D etc.

Part of the problem here with the Aguero goal is that VAR only released a handful of images to SKY. It would be interesting to see the full range of images so you can have greater confidence (or not) in the technology.
And there’s the issue, some faceless twunt in the VAR room makes a decision and then releases the material that backs up that decision. And if the best they can come up with for that offside then he was probably on.

And there’s the issue, some faceless twunt in the VAR room makes a decision and then releases the material that backs up that decision. And if the best they can come up with for that offside then he was probably on.

They want us to win fuck all but 1, down 3, to go fuck VAR

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.