Aguero's disallowed goal

They want us to win fuck all but 1, down 3, to go fuck VAR

As Bernardo Silva said at Wembley ...

We now have TWO Trophies - we also won The Community Shield. ;)

Now for the other three.... hope springs eternal. Anything is possible with this squad and Management.

There are two questions at least here. A technical question, and a political question.

1) Is VAR for offsides reliable. Is it an improvement on a linesman. From what we've seen the decisions are questionable.

2) Can the VAR ref(s) be trusted? Reviewing every goal when Barca, RM is dodgy imo because if you want to find an offence you can very often find one.

I have the impression that the people who are operating VAR, whether it be Sky, BT, Uefa, FICKFUFA, the PL, our own much beloved FArce, do not have a simple, consistent, and transparent approach to the use of VAR. VAR is becoming a technological extension of the outcomes of refereeing a game with a semi-fit, clinically obese, partially-sighted single official who just can't keep up with play, see what has gone on, realise a lino has got it wrong and deliver a result which reflects exactly what has gone on during the game. The Ottamendi handball is a great example of VAR giving a penalty one week and a corner the next or, as I suspect is more the case, giving a penalty v City and a corner when the arm belongs to a Dipper or a Rag!

I completely agree
It's hugely broken. In about 80% of City's big games for the last several years a dodgy decision has been a major talking point. Think about the Young red card/penalty not given last season, the wrongly disallowed Sané goal vs Liverpool, Sterling's 'handball' that never happened against Spurs a few years ago, Koscielny late handball in the box at 2-2, David Luiz being let off of a clear red card in the game that gave Chelsea advantage in the title race.

City (and other clubs) cannot keep being robbed of points by terrible officiating. If there was VAR, for example, Liverpool would be several points worse off for all the offsides/dodgy penalties they've had and there'd barely be a title race to speak of. It's not perfect yet but when they've had time to get it sorted it'll be fine.

Champions League is different because we know UEFA are corrupt and we know they hate City. It's as simple as 1 + 1 = 2 to figure out they will never let us win their competition, with or without VAR.

So frustrating reading that list of times we’ve been shafted... even more annoying is that of course, the first time VAR is used with any real consequences for us, we are shafted!!

There are two questions at least here. A technical question, and a political question.

1) Is VAR for offsides reliable. Is it an improvement on a linesman. From what we've seen the decisions are questionable.

2) Can the VAR ref(s) be trusted? Reviewing every goal when Barca, RM is dodgy imo because if you want to find an offence you can very often find one.
Even after the replays, I couldn't tell if Aguero was offside or not.

I am certain they can. They can measure how far a ball has yet to travel before it crosses the line to millimetres. I am a conspiracy theorist and my theory is that despite the presence of such technology the people who understand this shit are not qualified refs. They are the technocrats and giving them the task might be better than what we appear to have at the moment. For offside it's the simple question "Using these gadgets, Charlie, can you tell me if Sergio Aguero was nearer the goal line than the ball when the ball was last played?" "Yep", comes the reply. "Not nearer!" And some City fan gets his 3/1 on Sergio scoring first! But the conspiracy is that the FArce are reluctant to follow this path with experts in the stuff. They have HMP Walton, The Time Lord Atkinson, and a whole raft of referees whose performances on the pitch have been questionable and continues to be questionable when they are sitting in front of a screen. The governing bodies and leagues might prefer a 'certain outcome'!

Yep, just as supermarkets and shops are seeing Timmy from Brinny replaced by robotic scan and save systems, I'd say the FArce, Thief-FA and so on are worried that the old boys brigade and the bookies will lose out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.