Aguero's successor?

We'd be very lucky to replace Aguero with somebody that scores Aguero's goals. What we will probably do is try and create a front 3 that spreads the goals we lose from Aguero across the forward line. Think Jesus could well be part of that, last night wasn't his best game but he's still relatively young. Also think we could be looking 2 seasons down the line wouldn't surprise me to see Aguero add another year.
Yeah, you may well be right. It would be wonderful if he did (add another year). I dont think I have seen him as happy as he has been this last couple of seasons and as good as he is playing right now. Fading? He is still getting better!
I would love to see an Edin type of player added to the squad. Imagine what Edin at his best would have done in this team, with Mendy and KDB pinging crosses in every two minutes. he would be outscoring Kun!

Looking as fit and sharp as ever, if we get back to our best next season and he bags another 25-30+ he has surely got to be tempted for one final hurrah at going after records.

Yeah, you may well be right. It would be wonderful if he did (add another year). I dont think I have seen him as happy as he has been this last couple of seasons and as good as he is playing right now. Fading? He is still getting better!
I would love to see an Edin type of player added to the squad. Imagine what Edin at his best would have done in this team, with Mendy and KDB pinging crosses in every two minutes. he would be outscoring Kun!

Totally agree...Dzeko would have had a field day with the crossing ability available in our squad.

If he doesn't want to come here why the fuck would he want to go to Liverpool?

We have a better coach, better players, more trophies in the last ten years, and the same shite weather.

We might have a better coach, but I don't see him extending so we might not have Pep at the start of the 2022/2023 season. (also in head to head I think Klopp has more wins over Pep now).
We might have better players but could potentially lose Silva and Sane this summer in one hit and Aguero doesn't last forever hence this thread. Losing Kompany was a big enough blow.
More trophies in the past 10 years.... Unfortunately and Pep references this all the time. History (ie all time cups/size of fanbase) can influence a player -espeically abroad - more. Otherwise why is Mbappe's #1 choice Real?
Shit weather I'll give you that.

Anyway I've not said they're getting him, I've said IF somehow they did (not out of the realms of possibility with agressive stategy / prize monies racking up and new Nike deal) - we'd have a challenge all right.

Back to on topic. Aguero's successor is always doomed to fail due to the fact he'll always be in his shadow...

....unless it's Mbappe. :P

I think if we sign someone it should be someone cheap, a bit raw with touch that's cold blooded when they see the net.

It wasn’t long ago we never/rarely missed, with Balotelli and Yaya. The only one who did at that time was Aguero.

Aguero has a good penno record in the league, but awful in Europe.

Anyway, penalty takers should be Gundog when on the pitch, KDB when not. Maybe Laporte third a la Keith Curle.

Long live the king but we should've got that Haaland bloke to help Jesus. A steal at 20 mill and already bagged a hat trick for Dortmund.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.