Aguero's successor?

IF we can keep Leroy I’d like to see him through the middle as Henry and Ronaldo shifted.

Sergio was almost the same age when he came and he made an immediate impact, as he did at Atletico. He was and still is on a complete other level. I remember when he played for Argentina in the U-21 WC here in Canada, I think he was 19 at the time, he won the golden shoe and nobody in that tournament stood out the way he did. He was honestly my favourite player before he came here and I couldn't believe it when we signed him. He is a generational talent - I wouldn't have traded him for any other striker at any point in his career with us. We won't see a pure goalscorer like him again for some time, and I am ok with that.
This is based on my own observations. I hope I am wrong and Gabby turns out to be the same level, but I just don't see that happening. The point I am making is we don't need him to be another Sergio to be good enough to stay here. He is still an amazing talent and any of the top sides would jump at the opportunity to take him off us.
You have gone to great lengths to say how good Kun is, but not why Jesus cannot reach similar levels

the thread title should be "will there be another aguero?"
so many have missed the point.

Sergio was almost the same age when he came and he made an immediate impact, as he did at Atletico. He was and still is on a complete other level. I remember when he played for Argentina in the U-21 WC here in Canada, I think he was 19 at the time, he won the golden shoe and nobody in that tournament stood out the way he did. He was honestly my favourite player before he came here and I couldn't believe it when we signed him. He is a generational talent - I wouldn't have traded him for any other striker at any point in his career with us. We won't see a pure goalscorer like him again for some time, and I am ok with that.
This is based on my own observations. I hope I am wrong and Gabby turns out to be the same level, but I just don't see that happening. The point I am making is we don't need him to be another Sergio to be good enough to stay here. He is still an amazing talent and any of the top sides would jump at the opportunity to take him off us.
as a 19 year old Jesus scored five goals in six World Cup qualifying games for the senior Brazil National team.
In their first four years in the National teams age 19-22

Kun is 7 goals in 21 games, %33.3

National team Year Apps Goals
Argentina ---------- 2006 2 0
================2007 4 1
-----------------------2008 9 4
================2009 6 2
----------------------Total 21 7

Gabby is 18 goals in 39, %48.7
National team
Year Apps Goals
Brazil ---------------2016 6 5
================2017 7 3
-----------------------2018 12 3
================2019 13 7
----------------------Total 39 18

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.