AI - we're going to screw it up aren't we

Brightwell’s left peg

Hadn't spent much time thinking about Artificial Intelligence. Seen lots of excitement about it, but read a couple of books recently that talked about it and now I'm in no doubt.

We're destined to fuck it up and wipe ourselves out aren't we?

We're going to rapidly get to a point where artificial intelligence exceeds human intelligence, and the AI will realize they don't need humans.

I can't see how it won't happen. Were busily racing to develop the thing that will ultimately decide to replace us all with something more useful

Having said that, and changing the subject completely, when do the tickets go on sale to Cityzen card holders?

Reactions: mat
Imagine being hunted down by an autonomous aerial drone that can detect movement, CO2 emissions and body warmth via infra red...

Elon Musk said on the Joe Rogan podcast that he fears AI, but now the wheels are in motion there's no way to stop it:

But when it comes to artificial intelligence, he sounds very different. Speaking at MIT in 2014, he called AI humanity’s “biggest existential threat” and compared it to “summoning the demon.” He reiterated those fears in an interview published Friday with Recode’s Kara Swisher, though with a little less apocalyptic rhetoric. “As AI gets probably much smarter than humans, the relative intelligence ratio is probably similar to that between a person and a cat, maybe bigger,” Musk told Swisher. “I do think we need to be very careful about the advancement of AI.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.