Air rifle shooting Uk

talkativesprout

On the back of my moral dilemma thread, I'm interested to expand my knowledge of opportunities in Stockport / Manchester.

My lads been like shit to a blanket with new his rifle tonight, which sounds worrying but without going into to much detail his life has been proper shit from 2 weeks into being 15 year old, he's 18 now and mobile-ish

I'm supposed to be his hero, but believe me, he is mine!

I'm good enough with the internet to find organised shooting stuff, but it is the getting out and doing it i want to focus on, rather than drive to a warehouse and shoot down a lane. I'm not blood sport mad so live targets are not a must, but if anyone has a vermin problem i'm happy to come see if he has the knackers for it for your benefit (I dont know if i have yet) I just want to get him out, walk round, find a decent tree and have a bit of competition hitting a knot hole without being worried about the rozzers getting a bee in their bonnet.

But if you know a good shooting club please recommend

I wouldn't go shooting anywhere without permission mate, it's armed trespass. Finding places to shoot is a nightmare even in more rural areas. There are many people into the sport and competition for permissions is really high.

I'd also add that you both should practice until you can consistently group 10 pellets within a 5 pence piece out to about 30 yards before taking shots at live quarry. Vermin or not, all deserve a humane kill.
Read up on the general licence, it informs you what you can despatch and under what circumstances. Hope this helps.

I wouldn't go shooting anywhere without permission mate, it's armed trespass. Finding places to shoot is a nightmare even in more rural areas. There are many people into the sport and competition for permissions is really high.
That was kind of the nature of the post pal but thankyou, I and He are pretty responsible and would like to do things right
Could he not do clay pigeon shooting?
He has a lower abdomen problem so anything above air rifle recoil would be painful.(his pancreas digested itself and the useless nubb thats left swells up...right on a main collection of nerves....I have seen him go though absolute shite and come out the other end and say "it's just pain dad"..I've also been driving when he's stared into my eyes and said "soz dad, i'm not going to make it this time, i love you..tell mum the same, on the way to the hospital...and he believed it...(anyone that has seen the look will know exactly what i'm talking about)

On the back of my moral dilemma thread, I'm interested to expand my knowledge of opportunities in Stockport / Manchester.

My lads been like shit to a blanket with new his rifle tonight, which sounds worrying but without going into to much detail his life has been proper shit from 2 weeks into being 15 year old, he's 18 now and mobile-ish

I'm supposed to be his hero, but believe me, he is mine!

I'm good enough with the internet to find organised shooting stuff, but it is the getting out and doing it i want to focus on, rather than drive to a warehouse and shoot down a lane. I'm not blood sport mad so live targets are not a must, but if anyone has a vermin problem i'm happy to come see if he has the knackers for it for your benefit (I dont know if i have yet) I just want to get him out, walk round, find a decent tree and have a bit of competition hitting a knot hole without being worried about the rozzers getting a bee in their bonnet.

But if you know a good shooting club please recommend
I used to go to the one at the back of The Old Hall in Timperley in my early teens ( mid 70's ). Proper 22 rifles with bullets. Used to make laugh as it was printed on the bullet boxes.... Warning, dangerous up to 1 mile.
Just Googled it and it seems to still be there.

You can shoot clays with an airgun. If your lad's mobility issues don't prevent him raising the gun above his head it might be worth checking out.

You can shoot clays with an airgun. If your lad's mobility issues don't prevent him raising the gun above his head it might be worth checking out.
Twisting and moving...bit of a no=no if he wants to sleep for a few nights, so following it might be an issue, but proper willing to see exactly what he can do

I just want to say thankyou for all the replies and keep them coming, if i'm dismissive at any point, call me a ****, it is fine, it isn't intentional, and i dont care ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.