Air rifle shooting Uk

He has a lower abdomen problem so anything above air rifle recoil would be painful.(his pancreas digested itself and the useless nubb thats left swells up...right on a main collection of nerves....I have seen him go though absolute shite and come out the other end and say "it's just pain dad"..I've also been driving when he's stared into my eyes and said "soz dad, i'm not going to make it this time, i love you..tell mum the same, on the way to the hospital...and he believed it...(anyone that has seen the look will know exactly what i'm talking about)
I just want to say thank you for all the replies and keep them coming, if i'm dismissive at any point, call me a ****, it is fine, it isn't intentional, and i dont care ;)

Sounds like a bad situation your son has been dealt with, and I can't begin to think how that must be at times, you are all dealing with it the best way you can, fair play to you and your son, hope the shooting thing gives you both some respite so good luck with it.

CTWD

Gone are the days when I could sling my old Relum in the leg of an old pair of jeans and wander off round the woods in Didsbury golf club for a plink with my trusty sidekick, Spot, my Jack Russell. Nowadays I have to make do with a Daisy BB gun, Weirach pistol for rats in the back garden, and soft air M41 which is a lot of fun and powerful too. Worth looking into soft airguns if he just wants a bit of fun.
I miss the days of self installed ox mane springs and illegal FPS. Hope you come up with something...A private landowner who understands your plight is probably your best bet. Good luck with it. Great sport and lots of fun.

Gone are the days when I could sling my old Relum in the leg of an old pair of jeans and wander off round the woods in Didsbury golf club for a plink with my trusty sidekick, Spot, my Jack Russell. Nowadays I have to make do with a Daisy BB gun, Weirach pistol for rats in the back garden, and soft air M41 which is a lot of fun and powerful too. Worth looking into soft airguns if he just wants a bit of fun.
I miss the days of self installed ox mane springs and illegal FPS. Hope you come up with something...A private landowner who understands your plight is probably your best bet. Good luck with it. Great sport and lots of fun.
Growing up, my mate’s grandad would pay us a penny for every starling or sparrow that we could shoot from his grain barns. Then we progressed to shooting rats out of another barn that kept speciality feed for live stock. I remember shooting one rat that ran off behind some feed bags, about twenty minutes later it it appeared right in front of us with it’s teeth bared and snarling at us. We about shit our pants but the trusty Jack Russell made quick work of it

Growing up, my mate’s grandad would pay us a penny for every starling or sparrow that we could shoot from his grain barns. Then we progressed to shooting rats out of another barn that kept speciality feed for live stock. I remember shooting one rat that ran off behind some feed bags, about twenty minutes later it it appeared right in front of us with it’s teeth bared and snarling at us. We about shit our pants but the trusty Jack Russell made quick work of it
Happy memories no doubt. I grew up with four older brothers and air rifles were commonplace...I gave away my Gat gun to my nephew not long back...Remember them?

On the back of my moral dilemma thread, I'm interested to expand my knowledge of opportunities in Stockport / Manchester.

My lads been like shit to a blanket with new his rifle tonight, which sounds worrying but without going into to much detail his life has been proper shit from 2 weeks into being 15 year old, he's 18 now and mobile-ish

I'm supposed to be his hero, but believe me, he is mine!

I'm good enough with the internet to find organised shooting stuff, but it is the getting out and doing it i want to focus on, rather than drive to a warehouse and shoot down a lane. I'm not blood sport mad so live targets are not a must, but if anyone has a vermin problem i'm happy to come see if he has the knackers for it for your benefit (I dont know if i have yet) I just want to get him out, walk round, find a decent tree and have a bit of competition hitting a knot hole without being worried about the rozzers getting a bee in their bonnet.

But if you know a good shooting club please recommend

These might give you some ideas.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7qAIwysavo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhcPaMlFx8c

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.