Ajax Amsterdam

Danish Blue

When I was a kid I supported City, we were ok and to be fair we won a cup, we weren't great though and clearly we didnt fair well against other teams from the North West, first Liverpool then United. However like many here I kept the faith. However I need to come clean, as a young lad I had an affair, I was allowed to watch sportsnight and I got to see the magical Ajax team of the seventies, I was mesmorised.

I had never seen football like it, and Cruyff was immediately marked in with indelible marker as the greatest player I had ever seen. I so, so wanted that shirt, til this day I think the old Ajax shirt is the coolest ever, but also I could never afford it. I did the next best thing and bought the subbuteo team.

I still have a very soft spot and I don't particularly like Real Madrid or whatever they stand for.

What a result, I hope we qualify and draw them, what a treat, my wife may even treat me to the shirt.......40 years too late.

I too remember that great Ajax side from the early '70s. Cruyff, Neeskens, Krol, etc.

Fantastic players, who won three consecutive European Cups, though I was probably too young to really appreciate just how good they were.

I'm amazed that no-one tried to buy Tadic while he was at Southampton. He always looked class. Certainly on the same level as Sigurdsson at least.

I'm amazed that no-one tried to buy Tadic while he was at Southampton. He always looked class. Certainly on the same level as Sigurdsson at least.
His last year at Southampton was very poor which probably put most interested clubs off.

Fuck em. They ruined my night in Rome a few years ago when they beat us.
They ruined my night in Amsterdam same day. Wankers. Although the sex show I went to didn’t help that night ( @Bill will remember how sad that was)

They were fucking brilliant last night though. Could have been seven easily.

They ruined my night in Amsterdam same day. Wankers. Although the sex show I went to didn’t help that night ( @Bill will remember how sad that was)

Fully deserved victory, wasn’t it?

The free-kick for the fourth was one of the best I’ve ever seen.

I only saw the second half yesterday but they were very good. I loved the last goal.

I hope the stripper was crying at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.