Ajax Amsterdam

But he was at Southampton for a few years and never seemed to do much there. At 30 years old, after the performance the other night, you wonder where all this was? Why haven't we seen this ability?

Maybe it was a one off. Sometimes, ordinary players shine in a few big matches and you get a misleading idea of how good they actually are.
By right players I meant those that play at the top 6 clubs.

But he was at Southampton for a few years and never seemed to do much there. At 30 years old, after the performance the other night, you wonder where all this was? Why haven't we seen this ability?

Maybe it was a one off. Sometimes, ordinary players shine in a few big matches and you get a misleading idea of how good they actually are.
We've seen that ability loads of times for Southampton. Maybe his consistency was an issue, but his talent was never in doubt. When they first bought him, I thought he'd only be there for a year or two because he was amazing, but nobody came in and I guess he just stagnated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.