Ajax away sold out. {merged}

Re: Ajax AWAY ticket details. SOLD OUT. {merged}

First time posting here but i feel that strongly i have registered.The level of points where set to low to begin with,what was the rush ?
I think they looked at the TC package and who needed the mimimum amount to fill that plane and set it at that full stop.
The way this is going you will have to travel though the club to go to europe and i really wouldnt want to do that with the bad experiences i have had with the trips i have with TC.

Chillidog77 said:
City is for life, not just now we`re good. The loyalty point scheme is the fairest way of guaranteeing the proper fans get the tickets, especially now we are successful (OK Platinum/Gold, double points etc is pretty much bollocks - that`s how it is though. I went Platinum so as not to get left behind point wise. It`s also a lot better than queuing up at Maine Rd (every,it seemed, Friday night), away ticket stubs & voucher out of your regular season ticket book in hand). Surely after going for god knows how many years no one can begrudge us tickets. If people who are moaning on here bothered going when we were shit you would have the points. Where were the moaners at all the games (last season inc) that didn`t sell out? the perfect way to gain more points etc,etc,etc.

(gets tin hat from cupboard).

Well said Chillidog77.

blue_moon_rising said:
Just spoke to customer services and they stated that it was due to exceptionally high demand. Yes the points allocation as advertised on the site normally runs its course but this time due to the easy accessibility of 'dam plus demand has meant an early sell out. She said tickets can sell out at any time. No plans as at today to seek extra allocation - she told me no plans to release or apply for any more at present.

Did you expect them to say any difference? I doubt there gonna come out and say it sold out quick cos we fucked up and sold online to anyone who wanted em ( if indeed that was the case)

I suspect we'll never find out the real reasons maybe it was just high demand maybe it was a screw up who knows ?
But its certainly a wake up call for booking flights/hotels in future on the assumption that you will be able to get a ticket

What everyone seems to forget is that Amsterdam is fairly easy to get to, as some have said they are even driving over, we are now the Premiership Champions so people want to go and watch us and we are exciting to watch.

Plus some people on here were complaining a few weeks ago that the club didn't reduce the ticket criteria quickly enough, so the club reduced it very quickly this time and still people are complaining!!

OK some people missed out but remember two or three season ago we were averaging about 27,000 at home matches and now we appear to be averaging around 40,000 so a greater percentage of those will want to go to away matches and we can only get x number of tickets for those matches so we can't satisfy everyone.

Basically the club can't win. 99 times out of 100 things go well, 1 alleged mistake in a 100 ain't that bad folks!! In other words, that's life and sometimes life just ain't fair!! But the club have tried to be as fair as possible.

*joins Chillidog77 in the tin hat corner*

I suspect we'll never find out the real reasons maybe it was just high demand maybe it was a screw up who knows ?
But its certainly a wake up call for booking flights/hotels in future on the assumption that you will be able to get a ticket[/quote]

Well if you dont book flight / hotels in advance the cost rockets closer to the time, i booked return flights for £95 there are now in the region of £200

there is no perfect system im 42 and used to travel away in the 80's and 90's all over the place.... but i only get to 2 or aways now... and have only 7000 points... so i dont expect to get priority over guys with 8-10 k points...

My only gripe is that i wish there was someway if you bought a ticket you either had to go or sell it back to the club....

i know 8 guys who have get tickets for every away game and only 2 or 3 go.. they just sell there tickets.. every single away match....

but like i said... there is no perfect system.

Eccles Blue said:
OK some people missed out but remember two or three season ago we were averaging about 27,000 at home matches and now we appear to be averaging around 40,000 so a greater percentage of those will want to go to away matches and we can only get x number of tickets for those matches so we can't satisfy everyone.
Forget the tin hat, just sort out your memory
We haven't averaged 27,000 since 1997!

Eccles Blue said:
Basically the club can't win. 99 times out of 100 things go well, 1 alleged mistake in a 100 ain't that bad folks!! In other words, that's life and sometimes life just ain't fair!! But the club have tried to be as fair as possible.
TBF Eccles it's more than 1 in a hundred. I've took advantage of glitches in the system a fair few times including Wembley games. Getting tickets for friends and family who hadn't hit the points level etc. In fact the Madrid game is a prime example. I got tickets for 4 of my linked numbers then ended up meeting a mate in Madrid who'd done the same and we had 8 tickets for 4 numbers!

So I'm not begrudging anyone who rightfully (at least 8000 points earned by going) got a ticket yesterday nor those who saw the chance to grab a ticket because it was there, I would have done the same.

A lot of good points have been made in this topic and lots of first time posters so obviously an heartfelt issue, it's almost coming down to how do you define loyalty?

My lesson learned is to get my points up and over 8k, currently 7500+ even if it means being a selfish c**t and not waiting for mates or family to reach the criteria before it sells out.

Anyone wanna buy a West Ham away ticket?!

squirtyflower said:
Eccles Blue said:
Forget the tin hat, just sort out your memory
We haven't averaged 27,000 since 1997!

You mean we averaged less than that?? :-) Sorry, put it down to age and my tendency to try to be neutral and fair to everyone, fans and the club. I knew I should have checked those figures. Apologies squirtyflower.

just being nosy/cheeky now but why did you choose that user name? Or is that too personal a question?

i like the idea 10pts home ,20pts away wekend, 30pts away midweek,40pts away europe,just a point for those who feel hard done by on points,i travelled to innsbruk for the 3 pre season friendlies against ,al hilal,dynamo dresden,and besiktas,and no loyalty points were awarded for any off those games,at a cost of 500pound,yet you can travel down the road to pre season friendly at oldham and pick up 60 loyalty points someone explain that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.