Ajax away sold out. {merged}

Re: Ajax AWAY ticket details. SOLD OUT. {merged}

What a rip off, just found 2 tickets from "livefootball" for the Ajax game
£142 each and then £52 service charge and tax each total cost £395
Is it any wonder that people as pi**ed off

stevetheblue1967 said:
I suspect we'll never find out the real reasons maybe it was just high demand maybe it was a screw up who knows ?
But its certainly a wake up call for booking flights/hotels in future on the assumption that you will be able to get a ticket

Well if you dont book flight / hotels in advance the cost rockets closer to the time, i booked return flights for £95 there are now in the region of £200[/quote]

I know Im in the same boat as you and have booked for Dortmund too on the same assumption I will get a ticket. What I am saying is having always booked flights/hotels early to take advantage of the cheaper prices because I have never failed to get a ticket via my own points it will now make me think twice about doing it in future. Its a no win for the fans sadly you either book early and hope for a ticket or you hang on and get stung with expensive hotels/air fares.
Sadly though as fans were at the bottom of the consideration ladder so I cant see the sitution changing anytime soon but there should be a rule bought in for overseas game that they have to go on sale within a certain time frame of the game being announced. In this case having known about the game for 6 weeks plus they only go on sale 2 weeks before leaving people very little time when you need to book flights, time off work etc.
Its not citys fault but in my eyes a problem that UEFA need to address

my mates just told me they fucked up at the ticket office, went on general sale straight away?? duno if its true, but harsh on the ones who have lots of points and missed out...

didsburyblu said:
blue_moon_rising said:
Just spoke to customer services and they stated that it was due to exceptionally high demand. Yes the points allocation as advertised on the site normally runs its course but this time due to the easy accessibility of 'dam plus demand has meant an early sell out. She said tickets can sell out at any time. No plans as at today to seek extra allocation - she told me no plans to release or apply for any more at present.

Did you expect them to say any difference? I doubt there gonna come out and say it sold out quick cos we fucked up and sold online to anyone who wanted em ( if indeed that was the case)

I suspect we'll never find out the real reasons maybe it was just high demand maybe it was a screw up who knows ?
But its certainly a wake up call for booking flights/hotels in future on the assumption that you will be able to get a ticket

Agreed - paid for flights and hotel for myself and my son - got Munich and Porto tickets no problem and were on the criteria released on OS for the initial batch so can't understand how the criteria was calculated. Definitely a wake up tho and now have to decide whether to cut my losses or go over for a jolly!

salfordblues said:
Not read the whole thread, but to all those who've got a ticket:

Are you on the cup scheme with 8,000 points?

Anybody get one that didn't match this requirement?

Those that booked with TC?

Didn't TC advertise their trip to RM as having guaranteed ticket? Which might have been a clue that they received preferential treatment.

blue_moon_rising said:
Agreed - paid for flights and hotel for myself and my son - got Munich and Porto tickets no problem and were on the criteria released on OS for the initial batch so can't understand how the criteria was calculated. Definitely a wake up tho and now have to decide whether to cut my losses or go over for a jolly!

getting deja vu with that post mate :)

Me and my lad are still going over. just contemplating buying two on viagogo, looks like they'll send a pdf as your ticket so I guess that leaves it open to english types to abuse :)))

Sideways said:
Just picked up 2 tickets thru viagogo for block 418 which, I'm told, is next to the away section.
There were still a few left when I booked if anyone fancies sitting with the Ajax fans?

sideways - can you post a link please - I could not find the tickets when searching on viagogo - just ajax domestic games

joshsimsolo88 said:
my mates just told me they fucked up at the ticket office, went on general sale straight away?? duno if its true, but harsh on the ones who have lots of points and missed out...

no thats bullshit. it was for about 5 minutes at 6.30pm last night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.