Al-Nassr to be (maybe) invited into the 2024/25 Champions League?

jimharri

On the basis of their popularity?

In my opinion, that's ridiculous. I always thought that qualification for the CL was dependent on what a club achieved on the pitch, not how many clicks it gets on social media. I won't bother bringing up the fact that they aren't in Europe, as there is a precedent for non-European clubs playing in the CL. Maccabi Haifa, for example. Unless there's some underlying reason for them to be playing in European, rather than Asian club competition.

And I don't suppose there'd be any financial incentive for UEFA to invite Al-Nassr into the CL?

On the basis of their popularity?

In my opinion, that's ridiculous. I always thought that qualification for the CL was dependent on what a club achieved on the pitch, not how many clicks it gets on social media. I won't bother bringing up the fact that they aren't in Europe, as there is a precedent for non-European clubs playing in the CL. Maccabi Haifa, for example. Unless there's some underlying reason for them to be playing in European, rather than Asian club competition.

And I don't suppose there'd be any financial incentive for UEFA to invite Al-Nassr into the CL?

CL Setting a very dangerous precedent. Wonder who will be next. Anything not on merit is the fat lady warming up her tonsils imho.

I don’t have a fundamental problem with this, as Azerbaijani and Israeli teams already play in the CL.

They should have to comply fully with FFP rules for the 3 year rolling period before they are allowed to enter though.
Registered to UEFA, that’s why. Saudi Arabia isn’t.

Well Saudi will just keep putting £££ in front of who make the decisions! Till they get the spot!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.