Alan Ball or Frank Clark era....

Neither, both shite.
image.jpg

When Ball was appointed, a Stoke-supporting friend of mine rang me up and said "He'll take you down."

I laughed derisively. "No, he's a tough little winner", etc,etc.

Well, one of us was right....

Far too young to remember the Alan Ball era, but I do have a question.

We took 2 points from the first 11 games but then 36 from the remaining 27.

That means from the final 27 games we had a PPG of 1.33, which replicated over a full season would have got us 50/51 points to finish 10th/11th.

In other words, we were in upper-mid table form for more than two thirds of the season.

Our final points total (38) has proved enough to stay up on several occasions, and even this time it was simply goal difference that rendered it not enough.

Therefore, my question is...was Ball really that bad? Or is he remembered unfairly just because of a disastrous start?
Mate, he dropped Keith Curle for Kit Symonds and dropped Tony Coton for Ike Immel.

If you’re too young to remember them, it’s roughly the equivalent of dropping Ederson and Kompany, stripping him of the captaincy and replacing them with Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.