Alan Ball.

ColinBellsjockstrap

Ok, now I realise Alan Ball (RIP) is regarded on here as being a total disaster during his tenure at City however, I have just finished reading his autobiography and he devotes a fair bit to his time at City, in which he claims:-

When he arrived, he didn't realise how much the club was in debt.

Many average/poor players were on very long contracts being paid vast amounts of money, and were just going through the motions, content to pick up their money.

He was forced to sell his best player Gary Flitcroft to Blackburn, because his friend, chairman Francis Lee said the bank were about to fore close and City needed £3m in a matter of days.

I must admit, after reading his book, I have revised my opinion of him, and I honestly think he tried his best, and not once did he slag the City fans off, saying they were first class during his time here.

Last edited:
Tbh he can't really slag the fans. We kept turning up and even kept singing his name instead of wonderwall long past the point of irony. As for the finances, is this not the sort of thing you ask about at the interview? I'm sure he's a decent bloke, but was a shit manager and probably only here because we were desperate, any decent manager knew the state we were in, and he was Frannys mate. RIP and all that though.

I dunno.

He hardly made a good first impression. Getting rid of Walsh and bringing in Creaney was a shocker considering the Rosler/Walsh partnership had done so well.

Then there were stories about him arrogantly telling the players he was a World Cup winner during training etc.

I was gutted when he was appointed and he did nothing to change my mind whilst he was here but I suppose some credit is due if he did not slag the fans off. It is far easier now to look back on those times due to success in the past decade. If we were still bouncing between divisions it would be harder to be magnanimous..

Ok, now I realise Alan Ball (RIP) is regarded on here as being a total disaster during is tenure at City however, I have just finished reading his autobiography and he devotes a fair bit to his time at City, in which he claims:-

When he arrived, he didn't realise how much the club was in debt.

Many average/poor players were on very long contracts being paid vast amounts of money, and were just going through the motions, content to pick up their money.

He was forced to sell his best player Gary Flitcroft to Blackburn, because his friend, chairman Francis Lee said the bank were about to fore close and City needed £3m in a matter of days.

I must admit, after reading his book, I have revised my opinion of him, and I honestly think he tried his best, and not once did he slag the City fans off, saying they were first class during his time here.

he replaced a very good manager in Brian Horton. Don’t defend Alan ball he was utter shite

buster fucking Phillips

Of all the wankers Swales appointed Lee went one wanker worse. A high pitched whiney **** who talked shite about Buster Phillips being the first 10mil player. And he was a ginger twat.
I'm getting the feeling here that you don't rate him as highly as pep?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.