Alan Shearer

Disagree with the proposition he’s not often touted as the best ever PL striker. He is there or thereabouts and his goal record speaks volumes.

Ironic that he used to be nicknamed Mary Poppins for being a goody goody. He wasn’t like that on the pitch.

Turned his back on England so will never be a great. And he has the audacity to call out other players for lack of commitment....

I take it you didn`t like Dennis Tueart either after his horrific head-butt on the Hartlepool lad.
Shearer threatened the FA with refusing to play for Engerland if he was given a string punishment for that. Lost all respect for him there and then. Not to mention his regular battles with Uriah Rennie...

I have no love for the guy for a few of the things that have been mentioned but would I have him as my striker, oh yes every day, during that period he was the best.

Undoubtedly one of the best in the Premier League era. Scored all kinds of goals. Most modern equivalent I could think of is Rooney but without his passing range or dribbling ability - or like a more aggressive Harry Kane. Despite scoring boat loads of goals he did very little in terms of celebration - with a bit more charisma he'd be looked at more fondly I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.