Alan Shearer

You wouldn’t know it through his boring and not always accurate punditry but Shearer was a very very good player!

And he fucking hated United, Ferguson and especially Roy Keane

Brilliant player, had the talent to play in any generation and for any side.
Yes, he was that good.

I think that's about right - he bullied centrehalves. When he talks about 'getting your elbows out', that's exactly what he used to do. Not that tall, but an absolute menace in the air or on the ground. Put the ball where it could be attacked, and he'd run all day.
Ate chicken and beans before every match from superstition (reputedly).

Bet his toilet used to take a fucking battering on a Sunday, if he could shit the way he shot.

He only came to Saints because in his trial for Newcastle the keeper got injured so they put Shearer in goal. After the trial they let him go because he wasn't a good keeper.
That cost them £15 million!
If only LeTissier had some of his work rate.

A great player in his day.He didnt score on his debut,he was a sub,but did get the hatrick on his next appearence, his full home debut.
His goal scoring record at Southampron wasnt actually anything special,but it was here he developed his game,playing as a no nonsense hard bustling centre forward who led the line superbly ,just doing the simple things well.An example of this was his first trip to Maine rd where he bullied our defenders as an 18 yr old and kept showing for the high ball,controlling it,bringing it down,then laying it out wide before making his run into the box for the cross...simple ,disciplined ,centre forward play,a real team player,and a style i noticed in Chris sutton in his Norwich and Blackburn days,and in Niall Quinn under Kendall at City.

Shearer really developed as a goal scorer at Blackburn,when he and Sutton acted as a form of double act battering ram which suited manager Kenny Dalglish preferred style of rugged aggressive,often hoofball tactics.many teams were just over powered by this style,including title rivals utd in one famous match at ewood,around easter one season(City had just beaten Villa at Maine rd to increase our chances of staying up) Blackburn bulldozed utd at ewood with Shearer scoring one goal in partc that will live in my memory.racing onto a counter attack long ball ,he beat the back four,and as schmeical advanced,smashed the ball past him so hard it nearly took his face off..

As others have said,his range of goal scoring knew no boundaries. .tap ins,diving headers,near post poacher stuff,30 yard belters, head down dribbles resulting in rocket shots where the keeper barely moved,and expertly taken free kicks and penalties blasted home franny lee style.
Great player.

God I feel old that a 25 year old can’t remember Shearer
He was a brilliant is all I can say really

I'm 56 and he's without doubt the best I've ever seen he could score every type of goal placement tap ins power oh and he could head a ball top top centre forward

Why didnt he go there from Southampton then, before he went to Blackbuuuuurn?

He wasn't a big star at the time so I doubt Muntd would have paid a record fee.

Walker was reluctant to sell to Muntd on his way out, so it was far easier to go to Newcastle.

He wasn't a big star at the time so I doubt Muntd would have paid a record fee.

Walker was reluctant to sell to Muntd on his way out, so it was far easier to go to Newcastle.

Yet Blackburn paid a league record £3.2(ish) million for him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.