Album of the day - Blur (The Great Escape)

Very poor album for me. Not a patch on Modern Life Is Rubbish or Parklife. Seen to remember seeing an interview with Albarn who said they were forced to rush out the album by the record company who wanted to cash in on the Britpop thing and a few of the songs from this album were songs which didn't make the cut from Parklife

when you match this up against morning glory these days its absolutely no comparison

when you match this up against morning glory these days its absolutely no comparison

Maybe but it’s hard to compare them as they’re both different styles of music. Blur were more like the Kinks - intelligent, cynical lyrics and very English. Oasis had a harder edge, more working class and Northern. I liked them both but I could only compare them in terms of record sales not by style of music.

Maybe but it’s hard to compare them as they’re both different styles of music. Blur were more like the Kinks - intelligent, cynical lyrics and very English. Oasis had a harder edge, more working class and Northern. I liked them both but I could only compare them in terms of record sales not by style of music.

i tend to agree mate, but my point really is that morning glory has stood the test of time and is now viewed as a classic, this certainly hasn't

i tend to agree mate, but my point really is that morning glory has stood the test of time and is now viewed as a classic, this certainly hasn't

Yep I can’t argue with that. I think Oasis popularity is still very high. My son is 16 and plays bass in a band and it’s all Oasis and Stone Roses covers. We live in the midlands and it’s funny hearing Brummies giving it Mancunian attitude on stage

WTSMG is overrated. DM was brilliant so I can't be too harsh on the precious Gallagher brothers.

The Great Escape is a nice piece of work and Blur were a tremendous band.

WTSMG is overrated. DM was brilliant so I can't be too harsh on the precious Gallagher brothers.

The Great Escape is a nice piece of work and Blur were a tremendous band.

not at 22mill sales it isn't, but agree DM is the better piece of music although you could throw shakermaker in the bin

but back to the great escape, just think albarn is trying too hard to be quintessential brit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.