Album of the day - Inxs ( Kick )

BlueHammer85

Inxs-Kick-Frontal.serendipityThumb.jpg

Kick is the sixth studio album by the Australian rock band INXS, released in 1987 by WEA in Australia, Atlantic Records in the United States and Phonogram Records in the United Kingdom on Audio CD, Compact Cassette and Gramophone record. As the band's most successful studio album, it is certified six times platinum by the RIAA, and spawned four US top 10 singles, "New Sensation", "Never Tear Us Apart", "Devil Inside" and "Need You Tonight", the last of which reached the top of the Billboard singles charts.

1. Guns in the Sky
2. New Sensation
3. Devil Inside
4. Need You Tonight
5. Mediate
6. The Loved One
7. Wild Life
8. Never Tear Us Apart
9. Mystify
10. Kick
11. Calling All Nations
12. Tiny Daggers

UK Chart - 9
US Billboard - 3

This is 80s pop rock at its best, You could confuse this album with a 'Best Of' with so many recognizable hit songs (5 top 10 hits) , There really isn't a bad song on this album, 'Never Tear Us Apart', 'Mystify', 'Kick' and 'Need You Tonight' still sound fresh and new over 20 years later , Hutchence vocal performances really stand out alongside good (sometimes cheesy) melodies and hooks, Its superb, from start to finish and one of the best albums from the 80's however just falls short of being labelled a true classic for me

8.3/10

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VU9DjQpvMQ[/video]

Blue Til Death said:
Presuming the documentary about Michael Hutchence has sparked this..? I like it.. !

when was that on ?

Ive got hundreds of CD's in no particular order... just going through them every couple days.

Was on last night mate about 9 - 10pm I think, very Interesting too, think it was channel 4, basically went through the last few weeks of his life and how they reckon he died etc. Was good, as is this album. !

Blue Til Death said:
Was on last night mate about 9 - 10pm I think, very Interesting too, think it was channel 4, basically went through the last few weeks of his life and how they reckon he died etc. Was good, as is this album. !

And I think all the disgraceful bollocks in the media surrounding the circumstances of his death, we dealt with...

A guy in a very dark place, laced with alcohol & drugs and unable to cope.... Nothing more

Blue Til Death said:

cheers mate, found it

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.channel5.com/shows/autopsy-the-last-hours-of-michael-hutchence" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.channel5.com/shows/autopsy-t ... -hutchence</a>

Happy memories of shagging a big titted bird to this in Tenerife in the late 80's. He also goes up in my estimation because of his tireless work in converting Kylie to the dark side thus reducing that twat Donovan to a junkie wreck.

BimboBob said:
Happy memories of shagging a big titted bird to this in Tenerife in the late 80's. He also goes up in my estimation because of his tireless work in converting Kylie to the dark side thus reducing that twat Donovan to a junkie wreck.
Bummed her on an aeroplane? My mate at school despised INXS and fancied the pants off Kylie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.