Album of the day - Muse (Origin Of Symmetry)

BlueHammer85

oosv.jpg

Origin of Symmetry is the second studio album by English alternative rock band Muse, released on 17 July 2001 by Taste Records. The album was a critical and commercial success in the UK, it peaked at number 3 in the UK Albums Chart and was certified platinum. The title and theme for the album comes from a concept put forward by the theoretical physicist Michio Kaku in his book Hyperspace.

On 26 and 28 August 2011, Muse designed and performed a special set at the Reading and Leeds Festivals to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Origin of Symmetry.The album was played from start to finish, marking the first time certain songs (such as "Darkshines" and "Hyper Music") have been played in several years.

1. New Born
2. Bliss
3. Space Dementia
4. Hyper Music
5. Plug In Baby
6. Citizen Erased
7. Micro Cuts
8. Screenager
9. Dark Shines
10. Feeling Good
11. Megalomania

Picked two albums up today this and a 'Pink' one... thankfully Pink was dropped so we continue a good run of form and straight after Radiohead there is some resemblance in this album - Origin of Symmetry is great, There 2nd album and a tough act to follow from there debut 'Showbiz', Every song is crafted with strong lyrics and powerful guitars , Bellamys vocal range suits perfect to this seriously loud album. Probably the standout tracks are 'Plug in Baby' and 'Hyper Music', But 'Bliss' i warmed to the most, Piano and keyboard combined lead to a brilliant chorus - really love this track. Overall, a quality rock album.

8.0/10

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMqsWc8muj8[/video]

Shaded out only by Absolution as their best album

Love Muse or hate them there seems to be no in between, I love them

The best live band I have ever seen

(I know, maybe I need to get out more)

Excellent album, but not as good as Absolution in my opinion

Muse have been my favourite band of the last dozen years

Awesome live and are the best live band around at the moment. I saw them in Berlin in Nov 2006 and in Prague in Nov 2012

They are still some way off being as good live as The Who were in the early 70's though

By the way I am a very young 61 year old and still love to rock

For the life of me I have never been able to understand how a band like Muse have ended up superstars while Puressence never made it.

BimboBob said:
Nightmare Walking said:
For the life of me I have never been able to understand how a band like Muse have ended up superstars while Puressence never made it.
Because Puressence are dire?

Not so dissimilar to Muse then, which was my point.

Bluemanc100 said:
Shaded out only by Absolution as their best album

Love Muse or hate them there seems to be no in between, I love them

The best live band I have ever seen

(I know, maybe I need to get out more)

Agree with most of this. Absolution was just step above, and better than anything else that came out around that time. Not a let off song anywhere on this album for me. Not the best band I've ever seen live, but they never disappoint and always put in at least an 8/10 show. The wall of sound they create with a 3 piece is amazing. Equivalent to what the White Stripes did with a two piece.

Great album and Absolution was a good follow up and then.... Oh dear how quick did those wheels fall off?! As talented as they all are as musicians, a queen tribute band is a bit below them imho. First time I saw them at Earls Court was one of the best gigs I've ever been to - the last time at The O2 easily one of the worst. Hey ho it was good while it lasted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.