Album of the day - Slash's Snakepit (It's Five O'Clock Somewhere)

BlueHammer85

MI0000065940.jpg

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere is the debut studio album by American hard rock band Slash's Snakepit, released in February 1995. The album was a moderate commercial success, reaching number 70 on the American Billboard 200 album chart and selling over a million copies worldwide. The songs "Beggars & Hangers-On" and "Good To Be Alive" were released as singles in 1995 and promo videos were made for each track.

1.Neither Can I
2.Dime Store Rock
3.Beggars & Hangers-on
4.Good to Be Alive
5.What Do You Want to Be
6.Monkey Chow
7.Soma City Ward
8.Jizz da Pit
9.Lower
10.Take It Away
11.Doin' Fine
12.Be the Ball
13.I Hate Everybody (But You)
14.Back and Forth Again

Review 184

Slash's first solo effort from when he left Guns N' Roses with the help of GNR bandmates drummer Matt Sorum and guitarist Gilby Clarke, with also bassist Mike Inez from Alice in Chains and former Jellyfish guitarist Eric Dover on lead vocals who impresses alot - This album is really gritty with some very good blues Rock - similar at times to GNR with Slash's distinctive guitar sound and riffs all the way through, Eric Dover provides some great screaming vocals sounding a bit like Aerosmith - from the opening suicidal track 'Neither Can I' to the minor hits 'Good To Be Alive' and 'Beggars & Hangers On' - some tracks do drag on and the album towards the end lacks originality and variety. Still, it's a enjoyable record and showcases slash's talents as one of the best guitarists around.

7.0/10

I liked GnR 'til they became a covers band. Slash is incredibly overrated as a guitarist but he's kinda cool.

The album's shite! Velvet Revolver's album would have been better reviewing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.