Album of the day - The Beatles (Help)

BlueHammer85

beatles-help-album.jpg

Help! is the fifth studio album by English rock group the Beatles, and the soundtrack from their film Help! Produced by George Martin, it contains fourteen songs in its original British form. Seven of these, including the singles "Help!" and "Ticket to Ride", appeared in the film and took up the first side of the vinyl album. The second side contained seven other releases including the most-covered song ever written, "Yesterday".

The American release was a true soundtrack album, mixing the first seven songs with instrumental material from the film. Of the other seven songs that were on the British release, two were released on the US version of the next Beatles album, Rubber Soul, two were back-to-back on the next US single and then appeared on Yesterday and Today, and three had already been on Beatles VI.

In 2012, Help! was voted 331st on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the "500 Greatest Albums of All Time". In September 2013, after the British Phonographic Industry changed their sales award rules, the album was declared as having gone platinum

1. Help!
2. The Night Before
3. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
4. I Need You
5. Another Girl
6. You're Going To Lose That Girl
7. Ticket to Ride
8. Act Naturally
9. It's Only Love
10. You Like Me Too Much
11. Tell Me What You See
12. I`ve Just Seen a Face
13. Yesterday
14. Dizzy Miss Lizzy

So many great songs. Help! is the beginning of their evolution from pop stars to great musicians with a mixture of light pop to real mature stuff - Love the acoustic tracks 'You've Got To Hide Your Love Away' and the country-flavored 'I've Just Seen A Face' - Lennon and McCartneys individual vocal efforts for these are just so good. 'Yesterday' stands out more as a McCartney solo, a simple Masterpiece but my personal favorite is 'Ticket To Ride' -
It's not my favorite Beatles album and they did go on to do better - but i truly loved this - a very important transitional stage in there career with Beatlemania in full swing and about to go on to even greater things. Need to watch the Film for this.

9.2/10

Last edited:
"Rock" group??

Years ago, on the way to an Arsenal match, we went in a pub on the Thames embankment in Hammersmith. It looked familiar. I pointed to the hatch to the cellar, and asked the landlord if the tiger (from the film) was still kept there! He said that I had a good memory, but, sadly, it was only there for the film.

Now you're talking BH. Then again, after tuesday night, you could have nominated "The Cheeky Girls; Their Greatest Hits" and we'd have been obliged to praise it to the nth degree.

It is a decent album though.

The Beatles that is, not the Cheeky Girls.

Mind you....

Now you're talking BH. Then again, after tuesday night, you could have nominated "The Cheeky Girls; Their Greatest Hits" and we'd have been obliged to praise it to the nth degree.

It is a decent album though.

The Beatles that is, not the Cheeky Girls.

Mind you....

No worrys. I'm still waiting for my Mod request after that night.

Who knows what the next album will bring

Amazing this is only half hour long ... I can listen to it twice through on my journey to work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.