Album of the week - Richard Ashcroft (Alone with Everybody)

BlueHammer85

61QpzD42XtL._SX355_.jpg

Alone with Everybody is the first solo album by English singer-songwriter Richard Ashcroft, released via Hut Records in June 2000 . The songs "A Song for the Lovers", "C'mon People (We're Making It Now)" and "New York" were initially recorded with the Verve for their 1997 album Urban Hymns, but were never released.

1. A Song for the Lovers
2. I Get My Beat
3. Brave New World
4. New York
5. You On My Mind in My Sleep
6. Crazy World
7. On a Beach
8. Money to Burn
9. Slow Was My Heart
10. C'mon People (We're Making It Now)
11. Everybody

Review 219

Superb debut album from Ashcroft as a solo artist - whilst it has a feel to 'Urban Hymns' you can still feel he is liberated here as an artist, a mellow mix of country, blues and soul with orchestral strings, vocally and lyrically on point as always, 'Brave New World' and 'New York' are good upbeat tracks - the opener and biggest hit 'A Song for the Lovers' really stands out from the rest - whilst nothing ground breaking it's a good solid indie rock album from in my opinion one of the greatest British song writer's of all time.

7.2/10

Not listened to this one for a while.

I've recently resurrected my DIY headphone amp (if anyone is interested, spec below), so I'll give this album another listen later.

Headphone amp
Class-A
MOSFET Driver (IRF513)
LM317 regulated in a constant current source configuration
13.8v modified CB radio power supply
50 Ohm output impedance to match the headphones
ALPS Blue 50K Ohm dual log pot with a 47k Ohm shunt resistors on the input
Sennheiser HD515's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.