Alcohol to be permitted at Champions League games

with the money making history of UEFA,
they will probably demand a cut of all beer sales inside the ground.
and only Heineken allowed to be sold

with the money making history of UEFA,
they will probably demand a cut of all beer sales inside the ground.
and only Heineken allowed to be sold
I'd imagine it's Heineken that have pushed for this for exactly that reason, exclusive sales at events are a big part of their business model.

They'll push for that at the final, but its not practical at every ground and teams will have signed contracts before this change with exclusivity for other breweries.

Looking forward to some away trips even more now. September seems so far away.

Is the unthinkable going to happen and we’ll be treated like adults on Wednesday and allowed to have a drink in the ground? Anything official from the club?

Good news.

Shame it will encourage those who need a pint so badly they leave their seats to queue up after 30 mins and miss the game!
I don't understand it although to be fair in the old days when we were shite I would go for a 35min pint when we were usually 3-0 down and no hope of scoring. How anyone can miss a minute with these players knowing they could score at anytime is beyond me.

Is the unthinkable going to happen and we’ll be treated like adults on Wednesday and allowed to have a drink in the ground? Anything official from the club?

My missus works for Heineken, (freebie tickets for Weds, yayy! ) and as of ten mins ago, no alcohol sales in the stadium still.

My missus works for Heineken, (freebie tickets for Weds, yayy! ) and as of ten mins ago, no alcohol sales in the stadium still.
Fanfuckingtastic. And spare me (before anyone bothers) the “can’t you go 90 mins without a pint” shite. I enjoy a bevvy at the game, a natter before the game over a jar or two, a swift one at half time that may or may not mean I miss part of the 2nd half. A big part of going to the match for me is the social side. Always has been, always will be. Sure the match is the main thing, but I love being with me mates and chatting all sorts of City-related shite over a pint or two. Meanwhile, up in 93:20 they can drink to their hearts’ content, so it’s absolutely nothing to do with stopping folk boozing. It’s the proles, the riff-raff who must know their place. Fuck it. That’s done my head in.

142638.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.