Alec Baldwin accidently shoots woman...

I suppose that workplace accidents are inevitable - but dying from an accidental prop gun discharge? Brandon Lee died this way too.

Such deaths are clearly avoidable - CGI anything lacking from much safer prop guns.

When industry on its own fails to curtail workspace problems, laws must interceed. IMO - prop guns capable of seriously injuring actors need probably to be outlawed - or otherwise - better safety protocols should be in place.

Sporting events aren't really the same though are they?

Kenny Dalglish was dismayed by the FA reaction. With that kind of tragedy I can see why the club could the decision to play on and "win it for the fans" but it isn't as clear that "let's make this movie and honour her memory" isn't an insincere and self-serving attitude.

And there wasn't negligence on the part of any of the clubs involved in the game. Obviously there was negligence involving members of the production company. How many layers of failed procedures and negligence is yet to be determined.

Hypothetical scenario, say it happened in an earlier round at the home venue of one of the hosts- there would be a legitimate argument to expel the club and promote the other team to the next round.

was it replayed at Hillsboro??

Sporting events aren't really the same though are they?

Kenny Dalglish was dismayed by the FA reaction. With that kind of tragedy I can see why the club could the decision to play on and "win it for the fans" but it isn't as clear that "let's make this movie and honour her memory" isn't an insincere and self-serving attitude.

And there wasn't negligence on the part of any of the clubs involved in the game. Obviously there was negligence involving members of the production company. How many layers of failed procedures and negligence is yet to be determined.

Hypothetical scenario, say it happened in an earlier round at the home venue of one of the hosts- there would be a legitimate argument to expel the club and promote the other team to the next round.

It was played nonetheless.

This movie might not be completed because it's low budget, but I suspect it probably will. All the big budget movies where there've been fatalities get finished.

Alec Baldwin: Rust shooting ‘43rd fatal incident on US film set since 1990’​

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...ldwin-shooting-rust-brandon-lee-b1943356.html

Last edited:
Explain what you mean.

It’s bollocks that it should be closed down or it is bollocks Baldwin will have a conscience?

As it has now been revealed that the gun contained live ammunition rather than blanks and malfunctioning dummy cartridges like the Brandon Lee incident don't you think it points to a wider problem than just a single cock-up by the firearms technician?

I've just read a reuters article that referenced reports that part of the crew walked off the set complaining about working conditions and gun safety.

These things don't happen because of freak accidents, this was negligence. I'm actually staggered that people can't see the point that if this happens whilst filming maybe your film doesn't deserve to get made.

As far as I remember Brandon Lee was killed by a blank firing a small bit of bullet that had been left behind from previous use!

As far as I remember Brandon Lee was killed by a blank firing a small bit of bullet that had been left behind from previous use!

Technically we are both correct, as It was a dummy round improvised from live ammunition. I wonder how much the cost saving between making their own dummy rounds and purchasing purpose built rounds was that made the crew behind that decision think it was a good idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.