Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly, you think I expect it to happen.

I agree that he needs to be playing; however, I think with Yaya and Fernandinho both having one year left that the 2018/19 season might be when we integrate Aleix. I wouldn't be opposed at all to seeing him go to Girona for a year.

I agree that he needs to be playing; however, I think with Yaya and Fernandinho both having one year left that the 2018/19 season might be when we integrate Aleix. I wouldn't be opposed at all to seeing him go to Girona for a year.

I am, they never seem to get back in the squad after a loan spell, sometimes I think it is better to be seen in training with the first team squad than playing out of sight out of mind so to speak.

Unal did well on loan, yes there was a work permit issue but are you telling me they couldn't have appealed that if they wanted to ? Got good money for him but it isn't always about that, we need one to break through and give encouragement to the rest or we will forever have to buy a the players in, I really thought Pep was the guy they wanted to do that but he seemed very reluctant to do so, wasting minutes on Fernando and Delph, the misuse of Kelechi who looked a good prospect the previous season, yes he was raw in places but his goal record spoke for itself, he took a huge backward step under Pep imo and it looks likely he will be shipped out for a good fee.

Conspicuously absent from training videos and photos yesterday after being in them Monday and Tuesday.

I am, they never seem to get back in the squad after a loan spell, sometimes I think it is better to be seen in training with the first team squad than playing out of sight out of mind so to speak.

Unal did well on loan, yes there was a work permit issue but are you telling me they couldn't have appealed that if they wanted to ? Got good money for him but it isn't always about that, we need one to break through and give encouragement to the rest or we will forever have to buy a the players in, I really thought Pep was the guy they wanted to do that but he seemed very reluctant to do so, wasting minutes on Fernando and Delph, the misuse of Kelechi who looked a good prospect the previous season, yes he was raw in places but his goal record spoke for itself, he took a huge backward step under Pep imo and it looks likely he will be shipped out for a good fee.
Kelechi got plenty opportunity last season and simply wasn't good enough to nail a place.

Kelechi got plenty opportunity last season and simply wasn't good enough to nail a place.

Well he really didn't did he, he started 9 games and some of them after being out of the side completely, he looked a nervous wreck at times, other times he was trying to hard to impress, his natural game that was evident the previous season had been knocked out of him.

Well he really didn't did he, he started 9 games and some of them after being out of the side completely, he looked a nervous wreck at times, other times he was trying to hard to impress, his natural game that was evident the previous season had been knocked out of him.
So he started 9 games, made more appearances from the bench but the consensus is that he made little impact and moved backwards from his first season. So why blame Pep? JG made an impact immediately and that is the level he is competing against. If we get Sanchez he would move further back. If he stayed would he be behind or in front of Sancho? Its a hard business and if we profess to want to get to the elite level, then we need elite players now. I hope we get a buy back clause in whatever deal we do with Leicester in case he does become elite in future but I bet Pep has seen enough to decide he won't. Good luck to the lad. Has always come over as thoroughly decent and hardworking and I wish him all success.

Kelechi is a good player and I expect he will have a very good career. So good that I fully expect plenty of people to be saying that we made a mistake letting him go.

But I don't think he'll ever be a Pep player and I don't think he'll progress as a back up player at City to the same extent that he will at a PL club where he will be a regular starter. So a move should be beneficial for him and City.

Back on topic, I think the move to Girona is just what Garcia needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.