Aleix Garcia (Loan to Girona)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by TRUE BLUE NO1, 7 Jun 2017.

1. City_Sean

City_Sean

Intrigued to see how he does there. Hopefully we send Maffeo there too. These lads need games.

2. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey

Agree he needs to play, my point is, i'd have liked to see him at a better team where i think his qualities will shine through more. That type of player doesn't necessarily look very good if the players he's playing with aren't on his wavelength.

think if it was City in that situation, If we had missed out on top 4 this season, couldn't attract the players we want, Aguero was in the last year of his contract and say Chelsea put in a £50 million bid for him, do you think we'd even remotely consider selling?

May well be the case, not saying it's a terrible loan, just i thought they'd bee a better club in for him and i think he'd shine more in a better team.

Last edited: 7 Jun 2017
  3. WallyA

WallyA

It appears that Girona will be clearing out alot of players for the next season, hoping for some City youth to come in and keep them up.

Honestly, I don't think the loan will do much for preparing Garcia for our team, because I think that's just the nature of the CDM spot, it depends so heavily on linking up with your teammates. However, seeing how Toure has 1 year extension and with Gundogan as well, I think it is better for Aleix to play at Girona for a year and come back to replace Toure.

4. Garcia was just breaking through into La Liga, at a better team, when we signed him.

Funny ol game.

5. Tevez City

Tevez City

He wasted last year sitting on the bench, hopefully he move to team where he will play always.

6. Hungarian blue

Hungarian blue

That's a bit optimistic, he had one cameo in a meaningless game at the end of the season, but of course who knows where he would have been right now. Not that I think that this last season was a waste for him, training (and playing a bit) under Pep.

7. TonyM

TonyM

All the best to him and the rest of the young'uns. I'd love a few to make it through to our proper squad. Especiallly the English lads so we never spend big on the on the overhyped association grown lot again.

8. And did well.

Thus, was just breaking into the team there. He will have learned, playing under Pep, but he already did a lot of it anyway & was actually slower on the ball in his last game, than he was last year, due to lack of football imo.

This is a good move for him, to get back to where he was.

9. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Don't agree with this at all, the lad has the ability to be pushing for a place on our team, he's too good for Girona.

10. MCFCFanTX

MCFCFanTX

Needs constant game time for his development. La Liga is a good challenge. Good luck to him on his loan spell.