Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I had any doubt Pep was the real deal, but the transformation of a player I could only describe as 'fucking useless' a couple of months ago has been absolutely remarkable.

There's been a hell of a footballer there the whole time, just unmotivated and disinterested under Pellegrini by the look of it.

Big slice of humble pie for me.

We've seen him in midfield. He's fucking shite. But he played midfield later in the game tonight & he wasn't fucking shite at all, even with one foot.

What the fuck is going on ?

I can't get my head round it at all. It's like he's had a brain transplant. Well, one put in.

Never seen anything like this transformation, in football.

Its just positioning. Pep is a master of positional play. Kolarov always had technique. Now he has a team structure to support him & a coach to guide his positioning & movement. Result: Magic!

We've seen him in midfield. He's fucking shite. But he played midfield later in the game tonight & he wasn't fucking shite at all, even with one foot.

What the fuck is going on ?

I can't get my head round it at all. It's like he's had a brain transplant. Well, one put in.

Never seen anything like this transformation, in football.

Pretty much this. Pep is turning Kolarov into Lahm

Kolorov was the first name I had on the 'get rid' list when Pep came. His performances so far this season have been remarkable. He looks a completely different player, has played for us at CB, full back and midfield and has excelled in each position. I don't think it was wrong to criticise him previously as his application and effort fell short, but it feels really good to get behind him and praise him now he has become an essential element of the team. Long may it continue. I knew Pep was a great coach but I am staggered at the transformation and how quickly he has got us playing like this.

I was a fan up to his Southampton game when he seemed to down tools. Even then I never got the haters. Always thought he was a good player. I wonder if that game was a sign of his frustration at how we use to play? All I can say is welcome back.

Come on, who hasn't slagged Alek off?

And on occasions, he has frustrated.

And he has reacted to the fans at times.

Put that aside, he is City through and through.

His reaction after beating United, and losing a tooth for the cause, made that evident

It was nice to hear his name chanted last night.

And let's be honest, he's been excellent this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.