Alex anyone?

shaundickov

Only a matter of time before Alex becomes a 'done deal' I reckon. Brazilian, wants first team football, wants to leave in January, position we need to strengthen.........

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2024714.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 024714.ece</a>

PHIL SCOLARI has been rocked by a transfer request from Alex.

The Brazil defender hopes to move on from Chelsea next month.

Alex said: “I told Chelsea a few days ago that I wanted to leave.

“There are many options. But I have to think them through and see if Chelsea will let me leave in January.”

It is a major blow for boss Scolari, who has failed to get on with his countryman since arriving in London in July.

AC Milan and Seville have already expressed an interest in the £10million-rated centre-back.

Alex is frustrated by his lack of first-team involvement, having made just 12 appearances so far this season.

He knows he is third-choice behind John Terry and and Ricardo Carvalho.

But what really worries the Brazil star is he will fail to make his country’s 2010 World Cup team.

Brazil boss Dunga currently prefers Lucio and Juan as his central defenders and has told Alex he needs to play more games to be considered.

Alex has not even been on the bench for the South Americans’ most recent qualifiers. The player, who began his career with Santos, came to Chelsea via PSV Eindhoven.

The Blues paid one dollar for him when he moved in the summer of 2007, after being on loan with the Dutch outfit for three years.

The silver lining for Scolari is that any money generated by a sale could help finance buying a top new striker.

Maybe I should have titled the thread: Alex will be joining City in January.

Then when it happens, I will be promoted to the same 'guru' status as Ajay and Oldham Blue

Some of the comments on Yahoo Sport presumably from Chelski supporters indicate that he may not be as good as others may think, his positional play being criticised in particular. But when you compare him with the positional play of our current centre halves (except Kompany) then maybe we could do worse. It seems that Panaithinakos want him but I suspect he would prefer City bearing in mind our present Brazilian contingent, so over to you Hughesy.

He would be an improvement, lets be honest Chelsea are not short of quality CB and that is why he is not getting a lot of games.

He's is no better than Richards, Dunne, TBH or Ned so no point whatsoever. Oh and I think he is shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.