Alex Grimaldo

His market value is about 10-20m£, I guess that for City it's an important factor when they are buying player that this value would increase in the future. There's not guarantee that it'll happen. We could have some situations (like with Angelino) that some player didn't work well for us, but we need a guarantee that we would sell him with profit. The situation that he is not rated by many big clubs (27 years old age and still he's Benfica players) is kinda weird.

Pretty much everything you've said so far indicates you don't know much about him as a player. His age, height, price, unremarkable injury history and the prestige of his club aren't particularly important factors in comparison to what he actually brings on the pitch and I don't think "he can't defend" really constitutes anything close to resembling a scout report.

Again, I think you're forming a very strong opinion on some very weak arguments.

I agree that I'd prefer Cucurella and I think we will get him but I'm not sure that Grimaldo would be the flop you think he would be.

His market value is about 10-20m£, I guess that for City it's an important factor when they are buying player that this value would increase in the future. There's not guarantee that it'll happen.
The important thing for City is whether or not he is suitable for us.
Outside CFG buys we have sold very few players on for a profit. The overwhelming majority because they are long term buys who go towards or at the end of their contract.
Potential resale value is probably a very minor consideration.

Seems to me like a stop gap for another left-back and only if we miss out on Cucurella.

We need someone for that position and he could cover if need be.

Expect it would be late in window as Cucu is priority

Is he shit? Or has he just been decent at Benfica like a 6/7 out of 10 and gone under the radar. He doesn't seem that bad

Reactions: kun
Is he shit? Or has he just been decent at Benfica like a 6/7 out of 10 and gone under the radar. He doesn't seem that bad
Not really..He is actually a very good player. He lost good portions of 2 seasons due to injury. When healthy he is a fantastic footballer. I haven't watched him of late. But a quick look at his 2022 highlights suggest he is every bit the player his projection suggested he'd be 5-6 years ago.

My sense is that Benfica overrated him and overpriced him. That coupled with a history of being injured left him mostly in limbo at Benfica. That should not be confused with being shit. He is far from it.

The claim he can't defend is also mostly made up. Perhaps he is not Cucurella good. But he is quite tenacious. He is 5'7. Am inch shorter than Cucurella. Who has massive hair :) So claims of being too small also seem overblown.

To my eye ( from watching recent highlights) and having watched him extensively back in the day, he is a far better technical footballer than Cucurella. You can just go ahead and compare their highlights videos. Technique, decision making, vision, passing are comfortably City level.

Like many, I'm wary of thst his injury history. But when healthy, I have no issues with what his capable of. He is by any standard, talented.

All that said, hope we get Cucurella in the stands for the Cup game and everyone is happy :)

Pretty much everything you've said so far indicates you don't know much about him as a player. His age, height, price, unremarkable injury history and the prestige of his club aren't particularly important factors in comparison to what he actually brings on the pitch and I don't think "he can't defend" really constitutes anything close to resembling a scout report.

Again, I think you're forming a very strong opinion on some very weak arguments.

I agree that I'd prefer Cucurella and I think we will get him but I'm not sure that Grimaldo would be the flop you think he would be.

A very impressive retort by TOC.

Not my first choice but he talented. Has gotten over his injury issues that plagued him years ago. Has played 40+ games each of the last 4 years. Has a really good final ball and technical abilities. Worth 15-20M if we can't get Cucu.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.