Alex Grimaldo

Not my first choice but he talented. Has gotten over his injury issues that plagued him years ago. Has played 40+ games each of the last 4 years. Has a really good final ball and technical abilities. Worth 15-20M if we can't get Cucu.
How about we get him and Cucurella?

How about we get him and Cucurella?
I think I would rather we get one specialized LB. I feel Cancelo will still get a lot of game time at LB, Ake is a solid cover and LB and LCB, plus I'm hopefully JWE can move past his injuries and get some minutes in some matches.

He is too small and can’t defend. Miles worse than cucurella and imo not an upgrade on zinchenko or even angelino. Would prefer sosa as back up.
He's too small - He's one inch shorter than Cucurella. A couple of inches shorter than Marcelo, same height as Roberto Carlos.

Can't defend - Correct he's not an exceptional defender but he can only "not defend" in then same way Zinchenko and Cancelo "can't defend" i.e. he's regularly caught out positionally and occasionally in the air or one on one.

Not an upgrade on zinchenko or even angelino. How? He's more technically rangy than either of them (Zinchenko is usually - Villa aside - ineffective in the final third while Angeliño is a one trick pony - crossing) plus neither of them could defend either. Zinchenko on his day could put in an excellent defensive performance but that was after 3 or more years of being coached by Pep. We could see how much better Grimaldo could be if Pep can improve him defensively.

He's too small - He's one inch shorter than Cucurella. A couple of inches shorter than Marcelo, same height as Roberto Carlos.

Can't defend - Correct he's not an exceptional defender but he can only "not defend" in then same way Zinchenko and Cancelo "can't defend" i.e. he's regularly caught out positionally and occasionally in the air or one on one.

Not an upgrade on zinchenko or even angelino. How? He's more technically rangy than either of them (Zinchenko is usually - Villa aside - ineffective in the final third while Angeliño is a one trick pony - crossing) plus neither of them could defend either. Zinchenko on his day could put in an excellent defensive performance but that was after 3 or more years of being coached by Pep. We could see how much better Grimaldo could be if Pep can improve him defensively.
If he's the same height as Roberto Carlos he is a midget.

Size doesn't matter or something like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.