Alex Song

I wouldn't mind him assuming we already tied down Pogba. He would be the replacement for Lampard and a cheaper option than Wilshire.

We're losing Yaya, Lampard, Milner and hopefully Fernando this summer. That leaves Fernandinho as our only centre mid. Even if we sign Pogba, we're going to need at least another 2. It would be great to only buy players who are going to improve the first team, but if Pogba is going to cost 70m, to buy another 2 starting quality midfielders, you're looking at 30m each. I just can't see us spending 130m on new centre midfielders, especially as there are other areas of the team that need improving.

We need a couple of excellent quality players who are going to provide us with something different. Song is leagues ahead of Fernando, if we could get our money back on him and get Song in for 6m I think that would be fantastic business. He's not going to come in and replace Yaya, but if we can bring him on to sure us up and see out a game away from home I think he's be a great addition.

Given we have nothing close to a first team place in our youth ranks,we need to bring players in......if we are looking at a HG defensive midfield option then there are none better than Schneiderlin IMO - Even if the fee was 20m......i would certainly target him long before Song,who has looked no better than Fernando as the season has worn on.

FantasyIreland said:
Given we have nothing close to a first team place in our youth ranks,we need to bring players in......if we are looking at a HG defensive midfield option then there are none better than Schneiderlin IMO - Even if the fee was 20m......i would certainly target him long before Song,who has looked no better than Fernando as the season has worn on.

I don't think Song would be a total defensive midfielder though. He has decent vision and passing ability which helps you with possession. Schneiderlin is an out an out DM. If you look at how we played against Swansea we had a 3 man midfield with Yaya, Lampard and Fernandinho. If we played with Pogba, Song and Fernandinho I don't see much wrong with that. Song would probably defend better than Yaya and Pogba can go forward and get goals, while Fernandinho can be Fernandinho.

Larry Stranger said:
FantasyIreland said:

I don't think Song would be a total defensive midfielder though. He has decent vision and passing ability which helps you with possession. Schneiderlin is an out an out DM. If you look at how we played against Swansea we had a 3 man midfield with Yaya, Lampard and Fernandinho. If we played with Pogba, Song and Fernandinho I don't see much wrong with that. Song would probably defend better than Yaya and Pogba can go forward and get goals, while Fernandinho can be Fernandinho.

I disagree regards Schneiderlin,while his defensive game is where he excels,he also has far better technical ability than you credit him with.In a three,i would much sooner him sat at the base.

Something like.....

------------Schneiderlin----------
-------Fernandinho--Pogba-------
-----Sterling---Aguero--KDB-------

Shaelumstash said:
We're losing Yaya, Lampard, Milner and hopefully Fernando this summer. That leaves Fernandinho as our only centre mid. Even if we sign Pogba, we're going to need at least another 2. It would be great to only buy players who are going to improve the first team, but if Pogba is going to cost 70m, to buy another 2 starting quality midfielders, you're looking at 30m each. I just can't see us spending 130m on new centre midfielders, especially as there are other areas of the team that need improving.

We need a couple of excellent quality players who are going to provide us with something different. Song is leagues ahead of Fernando, if we could get our money back on him and get Song in for 6m I think that would be fantastic business. He's not going to come in and replace Yaya, but if we can bring him on to sure us up and see out a game away from home I think he's be a great addition.
1. We are not losing Fernando. As much as fans want it, he'd prolly get a second season and be better.
2. Thus we need 1 CMs outside of Pogba.
3 if we are playing a 433 then the 3 starter could be whoever replaces Lampard. Be it Wishere, De Bruyne, Gundogan.
Personally I want 2, a starter and a backup. But in fairness, the starter could be Wilshere, and contrary to popular opinion, he is a fantastic talent. Risky due to injuries, but a really good talent when healhty.

FantasyIreland said:
Larry Stranger said:
FantasyIreland said:

I disagree regards Schneiderlin,while his defensive game is where he excels,he also has far better technical ability than you credit him with.In a three,i would much sooner him sat at the base.

Something like.....

------------Schneiderlin----------
-------Fernandinho--Pogba-------
-----Sterling---Aguero--KDB-------

Fair enough, but I just don't see us getting all of those targets in the Summer. Even if the FFP shackles are off so to speak I don't think we'd be spending what some people are thinking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.