Alex Song

FantasyIreland said:
Larry Stranger said:
FantasyIreland said:
Given we have nothing close to a first team place in our youth ranks,we need to bring players in......if we are looking at a HG defensive midfield option then there are none better than Schneiderlin IMO - Even if the fee was 20m......i would certainly target him long before Song,who has looked no better than Fernando as the season has worn on.

I don't think Song would be a total defensive midfielder though. He has decent vision and passing ability which helps you with possession. Schneiderlin is an out an out DM. If you look at how we played against Swansea we had a 3 man midfield with Yaya, Lampard and Fernandinho. If we played with Pogba, Song and Fernandinho I don't see much wrong with that. Song would probably defend better than Yaya and Pogba can go forward and get goals, while Fernandinho can be Fernandinho.

I disagree regards Schneiderlin,while his defensive game is where he excels,he also has far better technical ability than you credit him with.In a three,i would much sooner him sat at the base.

Something like.....

------------Schneiderlin----------
-------Fernandinho--Pogba-------
-----Sterling---Aguero--KDB-------

You've fuckin lost it if you think Merlin won't be in the starting eleven

BigOscar said:
Really don't rate him and never have done. I remember in his Arse days some pundit, I think Souness, saying that he is a terrible holding midfielder because he doesn't sense danger and I think that's spot on. He just watches the game go by at times, not reacting to things untill far too late to make a difference. His possession as well is frequently really dodgy, making poor passes in dangerous areas. West Ham is closer to his level

Songs career to a T. No idea why anyone ever rated him. Not disciplined enough for holding midfield (or intelligent enough) and not skillful enough for attacking midfield.

Don't think he's good enough to command a regular place in our first choice XI.

However, he's still shown himself to be a competent enough player and HG at £6 million...could be a smart addition to our squad.

He'd be a nice third choice behind Fernandinho and Pogba/other

I reckon we'll give Fernando another year. Garcia eventually came good so why can't he?

He is very strong and in a very good age. Also He is cheap. About 6 millions.
In my opinion he could be a good signing but not for the starting eleven but to in order to grow up our squad.

Although I don't know if there are -truly- posibilities to sign him...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.