Its all about saving their donors the commercial landlords bacon..... he is so far removed its untrue ....his vision of working from home is laughable. Where I have worked from home they can monitor your presence at the keyboard via the laptop camera and software that monitors key strokes, You use a works phone so they know who you called and when - your productivity is monitored and task set to fill a day - this wandering about for cheese is no doubt what he does WFH in Downing Street the fat lazy ****

reduce the train fares and I might consider wasting 3-4 hours journey time (time that I could be working) into the office to do the.. err exact same job I could be doing from home.

reduce the train fares and I might consider wasting 3-4 hours journey time (time that I could be working) into the office to do the.. err exact same job I could be doing from home.
But, you’re not putting money into the economy by taking that trip, picking up that paper, getting your morning Costa/Starbucks/patisserie, and picking up your lunch from the local Greggs/Subway, etc.

Basically, this country runs on us being taxed for working. Not just via pay, but also via what we need to be there.

But, you’re not putting money into the economy by taking that trip, picking up that paper, getting your morning Costa/Starbucks/patisserie, and picking up your lunch from the local Greggs/Subway, etc.

Basically, this country runs on us being taxed for working. Not just via pay, but also via what we need to be there.
Is food and drink at home free?

Must be a civil servant then…
Strangely enough, I used to be a hit man for the Revenue. The budget for overtime in our office was for ONE day a year, generally in March, before the year end. I kid you not. Flexitime was king.
It actually worked out better for us than "standard hours", as, generally, I had 2 days flexitime leave a month. Travel was a major part of our job, as our "patch" was the UK. Our "office"was wherever the employer was situated.
The only time I saw overtime payments was checking payrolls.

Strangely enough, I used to be a hit man for the Revenue. The budget for overtime in our office was for ONE day a year, generally in March, before the year end. I kid you not. Flexitime was king.
It actually worked out better for us than "standard hours", as, generally, I had 2 days flexitime leave a month. Travel was a major part of our job, as our "patch" was the UK. Our "office"was wherever the employer was situated.
The only time I saw overtime payments was checking payrolls.
Yeah, I was one for a few years. Overtime was always offered close to the financial year ending if they that money left over in their budget, as if they didn’t use it, it would be taken out of next year’s budget.

Flexitime was the best thing about those jobs.

Yeah, I was one for a few years. Overtime was always offered close to the financial year ending if they that money left over in their budget, as if they didn’t use it, it would be taken out of next year’s budget.

Flexitime was the best thing about those jobs.
Yeah the only thing good about the job was flexi, on fraud I'd be working at crazy o'clock just for flexi but gave me plenty of time off....that and I met Mrs Moon at work.

In retrospect it was just flexi ;)

Correct. That’s why I will never spend a penny in London when I go to the office again. I’ll take a packed lunch and that will do. Forced to go back to office so Starbucks can benefit. Ridiculous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.