And as the fires get fought today, he's stuck in the middle of Africa at an important meeting, he's meant to be going to G7 in Germany I think afterwards, and at some point he's going to be on a 10-hour flight while stuff happens.
There’s a NATO summit in Madrid on Wed/Thu as well, so he’s scheduled to be out of the country for 8 days, I think.

You've got to hand it to Johnson. He's a lying cheating ****. He knows it, his party knows it and the country knows it but he survives and even more incredulously they vote him back in. It's baffling but it's probably more to do with Starmer. Nobody knows what he is and I doubt even he does, he's just desperate to be prime minister. He might just make it but if he does it will be more due to the "Anybody but a Tory" factor than his own merit.

You've got to hand it to Johnson. He's a lying cheating ****. He knows it, his party knows it and the country knows it but he survives and even more incredulously they vote him back in. It's baffling but it's probably more to do with Starmer. Nobody knows what he is and I doubt even he does, he's just desperate to be prime minister. He might just make it but if he does it will be more due to the "Anybody but a Tory" factor than his own merit.
They voted him back in because of someone who wasn't then leader of the opposition?

It's pathetic.

People underestimate that factor, largely because they have been accustomed to voting for a person with a clearly defined manifesto, yet the Brexit referendum has also shown that the people are quite adept at voting against something as well. If the opposition parties carve up the seats carefully enough and the electorate are savvy, then it might even work in a General Election, particularly if there is also a high level of voter apathy. Interesting times.

When you say ‘they voted him back in’, 75% of the Conservative MP’s not on the government payroll (ministers etc,) voted against him, which is pretty damning. It does prove the value of Johnson surrounding himself with talentless no marks who all know, without him, they’re out of a job!

They voted him back in because of someone who wasn't then leader of the opposition?

It's pathetic.

Yes I didn't word that very well. What I was implying is that Johnson and the Tories should be getting obliterated in the polls and in the next general election but probably won't and I attribute that to Starmer. They may well lose the election ( Please God,) but it will be for the reason I stated, anybody but the Tories and not for Starmer's inspired leadership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.